Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes New Member here that has been consumed with read pages upon pages of GP100 4",5",and 6" Rugers. Thanks for all the infor. Hope i made the right choice with the Davidson GP100 5". Now i need help with a Holster. The 2 i am looking at are the ones that come from PistolPackageing.com[Bandito Shoulder Belt and Holster Rig] and the Classic Old West Styles Wholesales and Manufacturer[The Western Bandoleer]. If anyone has these could you give infor in quality and fitment. Both places will build holsters for the 5" Barrel. But 1 is $50 more then the other. Thanks GhostHunter

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Can't help with the holster (got several choices on ebay, not sure about the 5' though)
I just wanted to welcome you to the Forum and GP's in general. Especially from Davidsons.
Congratulations and Welcome to the Forum.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Congratulations! The 5" is a great gun.
I'm looking for a holster too and I'm leaning towards the Simply Rugged. The reviews here have been very positive.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Don't know about a holster, but congratulation on the new GP five inch. I got a 6" last year and love it. However, I did not know Ruger made the 5" until I had my 6" for a few months. I really like 5" barrels. They seem to be a perfect balance between 4 and 6 inch. I need to think more about getting a 5". :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
GhostHunter, congrats on the purchase of your GP100. I cannot help with either holster for this particular gun. I do own a Pistol Packaging holster for a Thompson Contender pistol and one for the Super Blackhawk -both of which work with the Bandito shoulder belt. Very good holsters / system for hunting. I may order one as well for my 5" GP100 so please keep us posted on your decision. For now I bought a 50 Jordan holster from texshoemaker.com that will work with a Sam Browne belt.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Want an outside wear sportsman's holster ? Go to El Paso Saddlery's site and look at their Model 2 (about like the old Safariland M-29) or their Tom Threepersons style.

The Bianchi Model 111 is a good style and can be worn crossdraw when you carry a rifle on your right shoulder. But it isn't made for a five-inch bbl.

Many of us like three and five-inch barrels, but the mass public doesn't like them or even know about them, so few holsters are made in those lengths.

You're probably going to have to buy from a custom maker. I own several from El Paso and their workmanship and basketweave stamping and lining are excellent.

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
Galco does make some very nice quality holsters welcome to the Ruger Forum and congrats on your new GP100!!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Yes New Member here that has been consumed with read pages upon pages of GP100 4",5",and 6" Rugers. Thanks for all the infor. Hope i made the right choice with the Davidson GP100 5". Now i need help with a Holster. The 2 i am looking at are the ones that come from PistolPackageing.com[Bandito Shoulder Belt and Holster Rig] and the Classic Old West Styles Wholesales and Manufacturer[The Western Bandoleer]. If anyone has these could you give infor in quality and fitment. Both places will build holsters for the 5" Barrel. But 1 is $50 more then the other. Thanks GhostHunter
I have the same gun and barrel length. I settled for a Simply Rugged, made especially for me, that is stamped 1G and GP5. This is a dual purpose holster, since the gun is big enough to be better suited sometimes as carried cross draw. It is not western style like the other holsters mentioned, but this is not a western style gun either. My holster is open top, no thumb break.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks, i ordered from Pistol Packaging, like it because it is lined and also will be made to fit the 5" barrel. also a very good price. Once pistol and holster arrives, i will take pictures and post them. [maybe will put hi-viz, and grips.]

·
Registered
851 Posts
Just wanted to say welcome from Ohio. When I bought my GP100 6" 357 and Single Six 6.5" they included basic holsters from Uncle Mike's. I don't have one for the GP100 5.5" 22LR.

·
One Star
10,416 Posts
Welcome to the forum.Congrats!!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Welcome to the forum GhostHunter. When I bought my GP I had trouble deciding between the 4" and the 6". While I like my 4" I wish I could have handled a 5" for consideration. I think it is a great compromise.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts