Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Stan and I'm just joining the group. Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm in Long Beach, Ca. just re-lighting a fire. I have had guns in the past, but not for 10 years. I'm waiting for a Ruger Security Six 4" SS 357 and a S&W 22a for the family to do some plinking.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
welcome from Texas. Lots of good folks and info here.

·
Registered
576 Posts
WELCOME Stan! Greetings from SE South Dakota...I'm a newbie too...this is a great forum...I learn a lot of info here...I am sure you will like it. Contribute your experiences and we all learn!

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Welcome Stan, you've got a couple of good ones there. Give us a report when you get them in and get a chance to 'exercise' them a bit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I looked into the Ruger Mark III for target/plinking for the family. How does it compare to the Smith 22a? I only paid $199 for the Smith, and the Ruger was about $350. If anyone has info on the two I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Greetings Stan,
Warmest welcomes from Connecticut, hope you enjoy the fellowship, great people and great guns.
peace

·
Registered
143 Posts
Welcome from the frozen tundra of Maine!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
howdy pal, says is the pike still there or did they rename it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The Pike left back in the day and it's back. Not the same though. They are trying to appeal to the business/wealthy crowd now instead of the hippies. My kids like it, but I remember the real "Pike"!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts