Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,Just wanna let everybody know alittle bit about me,well I love to compete in cowboy action shooting,trapshooting and fishing.I watched a I think it was a IDPA shoot,where they go through a timed course.Looked like alot of fun.But nothing like cowboy action shooting.I would like you guys opinon on what to buy for a conceal carry and to shoot in this shooting events.I would like something that has a rail so I could add extras later.10 shot at least and also 9mm.Do not want a 45 to much recoil for my bad joints.Also I have smaller hands.Sure sounds an awful lot for a new member on hear,sorry but I always like to go where people know what their talking about.I have single action. but know nothing about these semi autos.I have a set of old model vaquero's,new model vaquero's and a set of the commertive new model blackhawk's in Bisley's and all in 357mag.I love Ruger's.Well guess I'll shut up for awhile.THanks all,Hershey Barr(My cowboy alias)

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Greetings hershey,
or should I say howdy, pardner, the warmest of welcomes from Connecticut, hope you enjoy the fellowship here and make yourself an active part of this forum, great bunch of folks here talking about great guns. Once again welcome,
peace

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Welcome to RugerForum.net from NE Arkansas... Pull up a seat and sit a spell... We're glad to see you here...

I chose the Ruger P95DPR 9mm... Eats everything and very accurate and reliable...

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Hi from Texas, wish they had idpa around here.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good price,Just really don't know what I want yet,I think I'm gonna ask around so I can try some out.I don't really want to spend over 500.00

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Welcome hershey, Hope you enjoy your stay here on the forum. Lots of nice folks here.
Sounds like your question was what is recommended for ccw and also to use in IDPA with a rail. One won't work for both. I can't see carrying a rail equipped pistol as ccw. On the nightstand or home defense and IDPA, yes. That's what the sport is for. Mr. Nettles has a good suggestion for autos in the Stock Service Pistol class.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
welcome glad your here. I use a sp 101 myself works for me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts