Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I'm new to the group as well as to the entire pistol experience. I have a Ruger Security-9 and am looking for any guidance you may have - from the most recommended holster (IWB, pocket, and shoulder harness), carry case, upgrades (I'm waiting for the GP Seneschal short stroke trigger to be restocked).... and basically any pointers you can offer. Be nice, I'm new! ;)

Oh - and where the hell are you buying you 9mm ammo from??? Sheesh!!

Registered
Hello and welcome to the post "Obama" maybe the "Joe Biden" era! Try finding any reasonable ammo and you are probably out of luck. (Corvid thing hasn't helped)

Deacon Bob

Registered
Greetings from the Show Me State.

Reactions: Mo_reen

Registered
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle, Ma'am.

Registered
welcome to the forum from the Buckeye state ... bad time to start pistol shooting unless you want to over pay ...

Premium Member
Support Veterans
Greetings from Ohio and welcome to the forum. Glad you found the forum.
*Keep your eye out for .9mm and conserve what you have for now. You may have to make a effort to shop around locally and get what you can when you can.
*As far as upgrades take time to get to know your firearm then decide. GP Seneschal short stroke trigger/out of stock everywhere for sure.
*Use the sub forums(Ruger Pistols) etc. to get some answers on holsters and after market options.
Be safe and enjoy your Ruger.
Rick

Premium Member
Welcome to the forum from Illinois.

Registered
Hey from MinNDakota
Like others mention, shoot it before you mod it...when you can find some ammo of course.
For one thing, make sure it runs and is reliable before swapping out parts. If you don't like the trigger after shooting it, then make some mods.

Army CW3
Welcome to rugerforum.net from an Old Soldier in Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest! HOOAAAHHHH!!!!!

Pony Soldier
Welcome, this will pass! Some ranges are keeping ammo in stock to serve their shooters.
When you see ammo priced right stock up!
Greg

Registered
Welcome to the forum

1 - 20 of 24 Posts