Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my new mini in 300blk and threw my sdn6 on the end.....range report coming soon !!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Forgot I had a Leupold 2.5x scope sitting on the shelf so I mounted it in the supplied qd rings and laser bore sighted it and removed and reinstalled the scope go see what kinda of zero it would hold. It help up fine with 45 inch lbs of tq

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
since nj does not allow suppressors, what a shock, I see no purpose for me to have a 300 versus 7.62x39 mini.
I had a series 189 mini 30 that was really decent but the versatility of 300 is what drew me to it. It's difficult to find variety x39 ammo for sub use or hunting use or that's extremely accurate.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I had a series 189 mini 30 that was really decent but the versatility of 300 is what drew me to it. It's difficult to find variety x39 ammo for sub use or hunting use or that's extremely accurate.
What? 122, 123, or 124gr isn't variety? :p. :rolleyes:
It's a fact that both calibers benefit a great deal from handloading your own.

In fact, that can be said for every caliber.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found a folding butler Creek stock for this thing but it binds up and stops the action from cycling. Decided the factory stock was sufficient and am selling the butthole Creek unit

·
Registered
760 Posts
Very nice Mini-14 USMC6174. Sure would like to try this out for myself!!! I need one of these to go with my other 2 Mini Tactical models. I sure would like to meet up with you on the Range when you try this out. Looks like we are neighbors practically, LOL.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Sweet rifle you got there. I've always been intrigued by the 300 BO but can't see gearing up for another caliber to reload. Have to say though the BO would fit in nicely with my other Mini's.

Semper Fi

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nice piece you've got there! I picked mine up in mid-January, and have about 450rds on it now. I've had to 'zero' it at least three times because the rear aperture keeps coming loose.

I've ordered a new aperture from Tech Sight which should fix the problem. Although I have a Redfield red dot for it (a mistake!), I want my irons working. I have no intention of getting a scope for this rifle as I intend it for 30 to 90 yard work.

Enjoy your new Mini!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Nice piece you've got there! I picked mine up in mid-January, and have about 450rds on it now. I've had to 'zero' it at least three times because the rear aperture keeps coming loose.

I've ordered a new aperture from Tech Sight which should fix the problem. Although I have a Redfield red dot for it (a mistake!), I want my irons working. I have no intention of getting a scope for this rifle as I intend it for 30 to 90 yard work.

Enjoy your new Mini!
Good choice on the Tech Sight. Got it on both of my Minis. I also put the Tech Sight IRAS aperture on the sights. It allows changing out the size of the aperture hole. Helps for us "older eyes" guys.

Mini 14 Ranch

·
Banned
29,619 Posts
Nice. Since I have a mini 30 and suppressors are illegal in NJ what a shock I see no need for almost duplicate ballistics. I do not collect mins so I am not looking for each variation.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Very nice Mini-14 USMC6174. Sure would like to try this out for myself!!! I need one of these to go with my other 2 Mini Tactical models. I sure would like to meet up with you on the Range when you try this out. Looks like we are neighbors practically, LOL.
Where are you in central GA?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Enjoy your new Mini!
Man zeroing these iron sights are a pain. I still need to tweak them a bit.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts