Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Mini 14 with the engraved Talo stock. Just not real crazy about shooting it with the engraved stock on it. I found a nice old wooden stock for sale, but seller isnt sure how old it is. I know there is prefix that decides whether or not itll fit new Minis. Is it possible to tell from pictures? Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mini-14's with a serial # prefix of 179 or 180 have a different stock internal configuration then subsequent 181+ rifles.
I Don't know what the difference entails, but my old 180 series Mini-14 would NOT fit in to a Butler Creek folding stock from the 1980's.

My Mini was bought in March 1976 and doesn't have the 200th anniversary stamp. Ruger told me it was made in Nov 1975.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mini-14's with a serial # prefix of 179 or 180 have a different stock internal configuration then subsequent 181+ rifles.
I Don't know what the difference entails, but my old 180 series Mini-14 would NOT fit in to a Butler Creek folding stock from the 1980's.

My Mini was bought in March 1976 and doesn't have the 200th anniversary stamp. Ruger told me it was made in Nov 1975.
Thx for the reply

1 - 3 of 3 Posts