Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Great looking bisley. I like the bisley grip best. This is mine with my own hand made bocote grips. Sorry for that funny looking thing on top. But my aging eyes just don't get along too well with plain irons much anymore. :)

·
Registered
431 Posts
I know the feeling....

So......y’all are saying I’m not gonna be the only one. I just got my Blackhawk .41 Mag back from Alan Harton today. I’ll mount my Leupold Delta Point tomorrow, too tired tonight. The scope on my OM SBH is going on my NM SBH because I think the latter is the better shooter. We’ll see.....

·
Registered
89 Posts
32 H&R with XS sights.
32 H&R.jpg

357 Magnum
357 mag unfluted.jpg

44 special flattop
44 flattop.jpg

The trouble maker that started this collection. 41 Mag with polychock rib and express sights.

Was looking for a stainless 5.5 inch Bisley flattop 44 special, but you know how it is with Ruger Single actions. They tend to congregate. Now if the range would reopen and I can get some powder therapy.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,100 Posts
Other than the grips, my Bisley 45 Colt is pretty much box stock. I did do a trigger job but that doesn't show up in the photo. The factory wood grips were bland so I put a set of Altimonts on it.

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Nice looking Bisleys, guess I might have to dig one of mine out of the safe. Haven't seen the light in years.

Now if the range would reopen and I can get some powder therapy.
To bad, as outdoors is the place to be! Unfortuantely, ours has stupid silhouette matches this weekend, so range is 'closed' . But nothing going on over the 4th.... So should get some range time then.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Those with the reflex sights are those the ones from Weigand. I sure would like to get a couple for my Blackhawks but can’t find them up here in Canada and they won’t ship here.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Those with the reflex sights are those the ones from Weigand. I sure would like to get a couple for my Blackhawks but can’t find them up here in Canada and they won’t ship here.
Those look like Raptor mounts to me. I just put one on my .41 mag Blackhawk and I’m mounting a Delta Point on it tomorrow. I can’t wait to see how it shoots and holds up. They only have one screw holding them but they get good reviews. They fit lower than the Weigand rails and you remove the rear sight to mount them. I do have a Weigand rail for a scope on my SBH and it is very stable, no trouble with it at all.

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Well, you don't certainly 'need' a Bisley. But you might 'want' one. That said, everyone should have at least one Bisley to find out if they like the grip frame or not :) . I have two, one in 45 Colt, and the other is .44 Special. But they aren't my 'goto' revolvers. I gravitate to the o' plow handle grips for some reason and the medium frame flattops / New Vaqueros for 'goto' big bore revolvers.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Well, you don't certainly 'need' a Bisley. But you might 'want' one. That said, everyone should have at least one Bisley to find out if they like the grip frame or not :) . I have two, one in 45 Colt, and the other is .44 Special. But they aren't my 'goto' revolvers. I gravitate to the o' plow handle grips for some reason and the medium frame flattops / New Vaqueros for 'goto' big bore revolvers.
Or....a Flattop with extended grips from Texas Grips. ;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts