Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking at this .41 Mag NMBH, #41-189xx, for months and today finally ran out of self control. Seems there is a rule somewhere that says if you look at a gun for 4 months you are obligated to buy it. Paid a bit more than I wanted but I haven't seen another .41 w/4 5/8 inch bbl for sale around here. It came with Pachmeyr's which I , personally, do not like so I put on some old J. Scott plastics from a Single Six. Ordered bullets and brass today so won't be able to shoot it for a week or so.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are pretty rare around here too. Ended up paying 300 OTD but have to get new grips and a new rear sight. Yesterday I thought that was a little high but after looking on Auction Arms, GunBroker and Guns America and seeing the asking prices it doesn't look high at all.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Nice 41

I never ran into an older one that was 'just right' so I picked this one up a few years ago and did a little work to suit me. Brass grip frame fitted, steel eject housing, Belt Mtn. pin. Works just fine. :) I just felt I couldn't hurt it. :)
:)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dadyjack

Yup, full wrap around. If you're interested they can be had for a measely 12 bucks, shipped.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
The .41 Mag is a very underrated cartridge. It is usually very accurate & pleasant to shoot. Nice guns! Frank

·
Registered
197 Posts
Tusker very nice picture, Chance it looks like your .41 has a Super hammer on it. I put one on mine because of short thumbs. I wonder if Brownells carries longer thumbs?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Since .41 Magnum pics are in short supply, I thought I would add a picture of my newest toy.

I think it is a government conspiracy that that particular round is not more popular than it is...

New Model Blackhawk
6.5" barrel

·
Registered
7 Posts
Chance,
As I said, it's a government conspiracy. I think the guys in the black helicopter (and they wear black suits BTW) that follow me are using mind control devices. There are those of us immune to the devices and so we buy the .41 Magnums, hunt and believe PETA means People for the Eating of Tasty Animals!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts