·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems like it's going to be a promotional vehicle..... :confused:

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
The article says that Porsche "decided" to build that car. I'm guessing that means it was a free upgrade? lol

·
Registered
947 Posts
I don't think they want to try any PIT maneuvers with that car...it would be a costly repair!

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't think I'd like to see it in my rearview mirror either.
Probably light up like a christmas tree..... :eek:

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,887 Posts
This is the car that Mad Max is going to be driving...LOL

·
Registered
250 Posts
Why can't I have one of those for a patrol car? I promise not to run it too hard or scare any Sunday morning church ladies. Please??? BTW I can have the car paid for in no time at all, think of the personal pride in having a Porsche pulling you over for a traffic related offense...

·
Republican!!!
11,412 Posts
I wonder if they're going to use it or just keep it as a promotional piece?

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I saw a New Taurus one around here with all "undercover" style lights in the grill and in the cab of the car. Looks pretty cool, Ford kind of blew it by dropping the Vic but the new Taurus is definitely a step up from the old stuff

·
Republican!!!
11,412 Posts
I saw a New Taurus one around here with all "undercover" style lights in the grill and in the cab of the car. Looks pretty cool, Ford kind of blew it by dropping the Vic but the new Taurus is definitely a step up from the old stuff
Times in the auto industry are tough. Manufacturers don't make a lot of money off cop cars because of the huge fleet discounts. And that chassis was only used in the Crown Vics and the last of the full sized Lincolns.

Fords have been getting better and better since they had to tighten their belt. I firmly believe Ford is far and away the best current US auto maker. My 07 Escape Hybrid I bought in May of 06, is the best car I've ever owned. Hope I don't jinx myself, but I've got over 100k on it now without a problem.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Fords have been getting better and better since they had to tighten their belt. I firmly believe Ford is far and away the best current US auto maker. My 07 Escape Hybrid I bought in May of 06, is the best car I've ever owned. Hope I don't jinx myself, but I've got over 100k on it now without a problem.
I have an 06 Fusion myself with just about 85000mi. I hear they are super reliable also, I know my 2000 Taurus was a peice of junk, pretty much done, not worth working on anymore past 130,000. Always did like the Vics, was considering a used Interceptor before I got the Fusion and the Maruader was a good looking version. Sadly the Vics are super inefficent, a mid 2000s Honda 3.0soc got the same HP as the Vics 4.6soc (2002 and newer dual exhaust). But yes, Ford did step their game up after 05/06

·
Registered
160 Posts
Nice!!!

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
If that was in Southern California all the street racers would be figuring how increase the boost on their turbocharged Uber cyber engines made out of that rare metal called "unobtanium" so they could out run it...We got 9 second cars out here that are dropping the kids off at junior high school on their way to the grocery store..keeps the LEO's on their toes.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts