Ruger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. My name's George and I'm a former narcotics detective From Long Island NY retired in eastern NC. My last Ruger was a .357 Blackhawk (I think) back in around 1966 or so.That's how old I am (63)! I am currently back in the wheel gun game (my first love in handguns) and am looking for a nice deer/pig hunting model. I currently play around with a Colt combat commander with a .460 Rowland conversion. I'm getting back into handloading after about 30 years and I'll sure need some good advice from the experts. I'm real glad to be here and I'm sure I'll learn a lot.

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Welcome aboard George. Glad you're here. Make yourself at home and enjoy the Board. We have several reloaders on the Board, so ask anything you need to know. If we don't know the answers we'll find them. :D

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Good Morning 6 Clicks, welcome to the forum and thanks for your service with the PD. Bet you have some stories to tell!
Don't blame you for retiring somewhere away from the big city life either.
Ruger has the Blackhawk Hunter out in several calibers. Sweet hunting gun. And then there is the 30 cal carbine which is fun, and also the Super Blackhawk. OH I could go on---
Several handgun hunters here as well as gunsmiths, shop owners, and reloaders. Just jump right in and ask any question. Just watch out for the 'dogs'.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Welcome to the forum,glad to have you here, jump right in anytime.There's lots of us "old" retired LEO's here.Thanks for your service.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like I've found a nice place to hang out.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Greetings 6 Clicks,
Warmest of welcomes from Connecticut, hope you enjoy the fellowship here and are active in the forums, great people and great guns, also thank you for your career of service to the community,
again welcome,
peace

·
Registered
362 Posts
Congragulations on your retirement. Have fun. Hard to go wrong with a blackhawk or vaquero in .45colt or .44mag for a versatile hunting gun.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Welcome fro W. WA.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Welcome from NTex...glad to have you...thanks for your years of service on the job....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts