Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I had a blued carbine with Black synthetic stock and cheap 4x scope follow me home.

Brand new, with the 50th Anniversary markings on the bolt. Took it out for a shakedown. Had a few FTF which I believe to be ammo/mag related, will experiment a little more tomorrow.

The trigger on this rifle is outstanding, way better than my older (steel trigger housing) wood stocked carbine. I don't think I will need to do anything to this trigger. I'm thinking I will likely loose the scope in favor of a red dot, as this one will be the plinker, the other one has a simmons 4x9 scope. BTW, sure is a difference in weight with the plastic stock!

YMMV

Lon

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Broken in now

Well, This one has now had about 500 rounds down the pipe. About 250 of Winchester lead 36 gr hollowpoint,about 150 of armscor copper plated 36 gr HV hollowpoint, and slightly over 100 CCI Segmented HV 32 gr hollowpoints. No problems with ammo, but it doesn't seem to like the butler steel lips mags. With all ammo, seems to be accurate. I have lost the cheap scope and installed a Bushnell TRS-25 red dot :D.

All in all, its a keeper.

YMMV

Lon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts