Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.

I just recently purchased my first Ruger. It is a wally world 10/22.
Picked this up for my son's birthday. He wanted an AR style rifle
but I just didn't like what they had on the shelf at the LGS and
would prefer to build my own.

I am a bit overwhelmed with all the parts available and don't really
know where to start.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :confused:

·
Republican!!!
11,412 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Phoenix! A 10/22 is not currently in my collection but there are tons of guys and gals here with them and I've seen many AR style conversions. I'm sure you'll get the help you're looking for.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Welcome from the Mountain State of West Virginia

Not a 10/22 owner here either - Yet. You will find answers to all of your questions here.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
I would start by just shooting it. Just because there are a million options available that doesn't mean you need to do anything to one. If it suits your needs stock then keep it that way.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,812 Posts
MaroneyTJ - Welcome to the site! I have a suggestion - there is a thread here on the Ruger 10/22 Rimfire forum called "Picture Thread - Show off your build" (here's a link)

http://rugerforum.net/ruger-10-22-rimfire/39316-picture-thread-show-off-your-build.html

You could scroll through all the photos and if you see something that really trips your trigger you could send the poster a PM (after you get PM privileges - you need to post 10 messages to send private messages. It's easy - go to the New Users forum right now and say "hi" to 9 people) and in the PM ask them for the details on what they used, where they got it, etc.

Just an idea. Glad you found this place - it's the place for all things Ruger.

Wave

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MaroneyTJ - Welcome to the site! I have a suggestion - there is a thread here on the Ruger 10/22 Rimfire forum called "Picture Thread - Show off your build" (here's a link)

http://rugerforum.net/ruger-10-22-rimfire/39316-picture-thread-show-off-your-build.html

You could scroll through all the photos and if you see something that really trips your trigger you could send the poster a PM (after you get PM privileges - you need to post 10 messages to send private messages. It's easy - go to the New Users forum right now and say "hi" to 9 people) and in the PM ask them for the details on what they used, where they got it, etc.

Just an idea. Glad you found this place - it's the place for all things Ruger.

Wave
Thanks Wave!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts