Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum after inheriting a Ruger 10/22 from my dad this past summer. He also had an old Sears single shot shotgun used as a door stop! The Ruger had a sticky safety button so I used a little silicon spray to loosen it up. It was pretty dusty. Works good now. So I'm going to tear it down and clean it all out. Found a Ruger video on their website on how to do it. I have a Marlin 795 but this Ruger has a great feel to it. Can't wait to do some plunking with it! Any way of getting an approximate age on this rifle? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Of all the various 22's manufactured by dozens of companies over the past 60 years or so, I can honestly say I enjoy owning , shooting , and messing with the Ruger 10-22 more than all the others.
More than fun, it is a very adaptable rifle.

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
Good for you. That's a great vintage for a 10/22. It's about the time I saw and shot my first 10/22 and it was love at first shot. Who knew back then that it would become so popular?

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
I've had two 10/22s over the years, and they are the only rifles I've ever owned. I'm definitely a handgun fan, but everyone should own at least one rifle. The 10/22 is the one, if there's only gonna be one.

·
Registered
563 Posts
My 10/22 was the first Ruger I ever purchased and I've never had an issue with it. I've owned it for over 30 years and I wouldn't buy any other .22 rifle. There may be some as good, but none better. It's probably the reason I purchased the other Rugers.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Greetings and Welcome from the Outer banks of North Carolina "The Tar Heel State"...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts