Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I have been reading this forum for some time and decided to join just yesterday. I have been looking at the P90 and Springfield Mil-Spec for some time. Right after joining the forum yesterday, I wanted to ask for some opinions, but then realized I had to leave for an appointmnet. Long story short, I had some time to stop at my local gun dealer after my appointment and looked (again) at the two pistols in question. Both were very nice, and I am a 1911 fan, but I finally made the decision to purchase the blued P90 w/safety. I won't have it for a few days due to the Illinois 72 hour waiting period, but I am looking forward to posting the results after my first outing. Just wanted to share and say hello.

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
I don't think you will regret getting the P90. They are one of the finest in my opinion. I just bought a new one and ordered a holster. I should have the gun fixed and a new holster for a Christmas present. Post a picture when you get yours. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank everyone. I tend to research things to death, but there is an overwhelming amount of positive comments regarding the P90, both here and on other forums. I had a problem P97 that eventually was replaced by Ruger. I had dealt with Mike Smisko (retired) who really took care of me. Because of the P90's stellar reputation and Ruger's service, I decided to go for it.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
I have a stainless P90DC, and it is a super accurate gun. I think you will enjoy yours as well.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Congrats on the new gun. P90 happens to be one i depend on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I picked up the P90 this week but have not had a chance to shoot it yet. There was a significant amount of "gunk" on the inside of the slide as well as the frame. I replaced the factory grips with Hogue rubber grips and it does feel much better. I am a little disappointed in the fit of the Hogue grips as they don't match up perfectly on the bottom, but it is acceptable. It sure is big and ugly....just what I was expecting!

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
quote:Originally posted by KZMAN

I picked up the P90 this week but have not had a chance to shoot it yet. There was a significant amount of "gunk" on the inside of the slide as well as the frame. I replaced the factory grips with Hogue rubber grips and it does feel much better. I am a little disappointed in the fit of the Hogue grips as they don't match up perfectly on the bottom, but it is acceptable. It sure is big and ugly....just what I was expecting!
Congratulations on the new P90. Just remember that if you ever have to use it in a self defense situation, it will also be big and ugly from the other end.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Me! I prefer revolvers but if the semi-auto is your thang--- Welcome and post a good bit, nutthin like an active poster!

·
Premium Member
2,944 Posts
quote:Originally posted by wetidlerjr

I like mine. :D
Hell Bill - good to hear from you. Your 90 sure looks good with the wood grips!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts