Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New gun stillbreaking it in. Only two problems so far. 1st was 1 day shooting at the end of my 14th mag. Slide failed to lock open. Broke gun down and cleaned. Gun was filthy. Gun shop gave me a 50 round box of Independence 115gr. Dirty ammo. Rest of the ammo was Winchester. Shot another 140 rounds that day with no problems. Second problem was yesterday; after 114 rounds I had a failure to eject and jam malfunction. Only used the Winchester rounds. Cleared jam easily and broke gun down. Gun was fairy clean but cleaned and shot another 136 round no problems.

Any one else have same?

Gun shoots great. But agree with others, first trigger is heavy but still scoring 287 out of possible 310 @ 15 yards last B-27 target of the day and overall 93% so far with the gun. Can't complain with that.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Only time our P95 has ever had a FTE/FTF problem was my wife's limp wrist, at least 3k rounds thru it and that was the only hiccup. I believe yours will get better with time & might have been a lite load with the Win. ammo JMHO

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Have put a number of rounds down range through mine and have not had any ftf/fte problems; that includes my reloads too. Then again, I don't run any junk ammo through it. Stay with the TOL ammo and you should be fine...

·
Banned
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the feedback

Thanks for the feedback. I agree the fte/ftf was a low percentag occurrence incident. I also do believe the P95 is a great gun out of the box, but have been reading other post's about the trigger pull. In my opinion its better pull than the S&W. DA but the Smith breaks a little crisper than the ruger. I'm going to get some snap caps and dry fire it to see if I can notice a difference. If not I guess a gunsmith might be able clean it.:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts