Ruger Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a P95 about two weeks ago. Love it hitting B-27 targets @ 15 yards with a 153 out of possible 155. So can't complain about accuracy, but breaking it down after hitting the range today I found some disturbing marks on barrel and a notch on the slide between the barrel and spring catch. Gotta call Prescott in the morning. Also note the discolored and pitted area on receiver. Ill update after call with ruger. Trying to add pics. If not here check form pics.

·
Banned
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
update

Ruger wanted me to email photos of wear and damage. Said I would get a call for a representative in 24-36 hours after they review the pic. Tick..tick.. waiting for call b:confused:ack.

·
Banned
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I put them in the photo gallery. Can't find out how to up load them to the post.

·
Banned
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Ruger called back this morning. Sent a prepaid shipping label via email to print and use. Sent gun in today. They said the will replace the slide and barrel and spring, but due to the extra legal steps to swap out a registered serial numbered part they want to have a closer look at the lower frame before deciding what's needed.

I'm impressed with the speed and communications from Ruger so far. Everyone talks about how great the after purchase and warranty customer service is. So far I have to agree. Only down side is that I was hitting 153 OUT OF 155 @ 15yrds with that gun out of the box and now I'll have to break in a new barrel.;) But I think I'll manage it....

I'll update post as info comes back from ruger.

·
Banned
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
latest update

Got a call this afternoon from a Carol at Ruger she couldn't see the Nick on the slide and other marks on the receiver. I asked her if she was fracking BLIND! And to take her finger and rub the ridge between the spring and barrel housing. She asked me if the gun was new? I said yes. She then asked why did I buy the gun if I saw these marks and nicks? I told he they weren't there when I BOUGHT the gun the showed up between 500-600 round mark. She said OK she would pass on the gun to someone else to look at.

Now the senior claims Guy sent me a prepaid mailer because he clearly saw damage on the pics I took with a cheap cellphone.

So I call Rugers Prescott's office and ask for him by name. Yep I'm not happy. I do reach him and explain what's going on. He does remember my email and pictures and he can't understand why this woman called me saying she can't see the Nick and marks when he could clearly see them in a pic. He said he's going to see who got the gun after her and what there report said. The he's take the case over himself. He did say a small number of 95's had the same nicking problem but its been awhile for one coming back as they corrected the problem. He said he would review the call she made with me and get back to me tomorrow.

·
Banned
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
didnt hear back from Ruger after yesterday's call

Nothing yet after yesterday's call from customer service and my call into the senior technical manager about the call I received from one of his service people. Its been 24 hrs and haven't heard back from them.
I'll give it till 1400hr tomorrow.

·
Banned
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
surprise

Just got off the phone with Ruger. I guess Carol must be blind, because the Guy she passed the gun on to after she couldn't find anything wrong with it, he did. I just got the report they are replacing the slide and barrel.

Kinda surprised I had to point out damage to a service technician at ruger and she still couldn't see but the Guy she passed it onto did and replaced the slide and barrel

Was it a new technician or just poor training. She was all set to send it back with out repairs. I do have to thank the senior technician that I talked to for his taking the case over but I do wonder what would of happened if I had not called the office and went thru the process of making sure I talked to her supervisor and he hadn't listened to my complaint and looked in to it.

So its a ruger service group its a fail. Carol dropped the ball and only my instance that the Hun WAS damaged and making her pass it on to another tech. I tend to think this is an rear occurrence at ruger but as for that particular customer service group tech
Im not sure. The way the phone conversation went, she's new or on her was out.

For the management a A+. He took time to listen to my complaint and it did help that he was the one to review the pictures I sent in when I first requested service. He was also the one to authorize the prepaid shipping.

·
Banned
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
update: got my gun back today

Surprised me. Tracking info said it was scheduled to deliver yesterday afternoon but ups and a 7 HR delay getting their plane off the ground in Phoenix AZ, mechanical problems. And email me package would be delayed till Monday. 1130pm last night ups emailed a tracking update that they were upgrading the delivery to a Saturday am at no charge due to the problem they had in transit. I'm impressed.

As for my p95. Notes show replaced slide and barrel test fired 30 rds. Stripped gun to inspect and saw it wasn't cleaned after test fired. Buddy said that's how his came back too. Not complaining just questioning, this normal of how your came back. Again no grief just curious as I was going to go over it anyway.

·
Banned
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just curious more than anything because I own a P95 also, but did they ever mention what the problem was or why the problem occurred in the first place?
They said it was an manufacturing and tooling issue on some production runs of the P95's that he said they thought were fixed because the wear hadn't been reported to them in awhile.

It was odd to see that kinda wear on the barrel and frame at 550rds. I wouldn't even expect to see it at 5000rds in that spot.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I agree. I've never seen that kind of damage on a gun of any kind, regardless of age. Thanks for the info. I'll make sure and check & clean mine after each range visit to make sure I don't experience the same issue.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.