Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just picked up my P95. LOVE THIS GUN!!!

2 questions.

#1. there's a little dot sticker on the thumb side by decocker. ive seen the dot in different colors does it mean anything depending by color?? just curious.

#2. maybe a stupid question but ill ask anyway. i got the 15+1 magazine model, is there any difference between the 15+1 and 17+1 models other than the magazine capacity?

thanks for your help and look forward to my range report!!

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Congratulations, you purchased a solid handgun there.
Please tell me your dot is not green..... :eek:
Just kidding, it's a quality control thing..... :D

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Ruger never made a 17 round version of the P95 or a 17 round magazine for the P series. They have, and continue to offer a 15 round, and 10 round magazine. The 10 round is for states where larger capacity is restricted. The magazine is different, but the gun is the same, meaning magazines interchange. Mecgar makes 17 round, and I believe 20 round magazines for the P series 9mm guns. I have 2 of the 17 rounders and they function perfectly. As a matter of fact, Mecgar makes many of Rugers Original equipment magazines, meaning, Ruger makes the gun, and Mecgar makes the magazine. The 17 round mags fit flush with the bottom of the grip, the 20 rounders hang below the bottom of the grip.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im sorry i meant 15 vs 10 round LOL. i was thinking 17 because i was wanting a 17 round magazing LOL. thanks for the info guys!! funny comment about the green dot LOL

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
P95

:)Don't try to wear that P95 out. There isn't enough ammo available, and you'll never live long enough:D

·
Super Moderator
16,284 Posts
im sorry i meant 15 vs 10 round LOL. i was thinking 17 because i was wanting a 17 round magazing LOL. thanks for the info guys!! funny comment about the green dot LOL
The difference is that the 10 round magazine was initially manufactured to be compliant with California law.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
The difference is that the 10 round magazine was specifically manufactured to be California compliant.
And Australian compliant..... :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
I should have said initially manufactured :eek:
In AU, 10 round magazines are legal, greater than 10 are illegal, get caught, good chance you've just thrown your firearms licence away.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts