Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, Just unboxed a new PC Carbine and looking forward to a day at the range tomorrow AM. Unfortunately I ran into problem, Ruger customer service had a message stating they were gone for the July 4th weekend (today is July 2nd) so I thought I'd reach out to this forum. So here is the problem: The bolt is in an open position I can't release it.
Retracting the charging handle and releasing it does not work...its stuck open.

So where can I forward this discussion to get help. Disappointed!

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
361 Posts
do you have a magazine in it? If so the LRHO my be holding the bolt back.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hello All, Just unboxed a new PC Carbine and looking forward to a day at the range tomorrow AM. Unfortunately I ran into problem, Ruger customer service had a message stating they were gone for the July 4th weekend (today is July 2nd) so I thought I'd reach out to this forum. So here is the problem: The bolt is in an open position I can't release it.

Mine's on the way back to Ruger for that same issue for the second time.I returned it last month through my FFL and it came back no different. This time I sent it from home by UPS.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

do you have a magazine in it? If so the LRHO my be holding the bolt back.
Thanks for the prompt reply. Retracting the charging handle and releasing it does not work...with or without a magazine or with a loaded magazine.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks for the prompt reply. Retracting the charging handle and releasing it does not work...with or without a magazine or with a loaded magazine.
That's the first question anyone will ask but mine's a no-go without a mag too. I can make mine chamber a dummy-round but as soon as I pull the mag out and rack the action back,it won't close. Really stating to loose interest. 🤬

·
Registered
976 Posts

Does it say anything in the manual about what it's doing or not doing ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does it say anything in the manual about what it's doing or not doing ?
“Retract the charging handle to its extreme reward position and release it”
Simple right? as you would expect. Something is preventing the bolt from releasing.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Did you take out the mag?
That question was asked in the second post. In my case the rifle doesn't ship with a mag inserted, the very fist thing most of us will do when handling a weapon is rack/open the action. When I did that, it wouldn't close.....NO MAG IN RIFLE.

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
A big welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania!!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Check the bolt release. When you pull the bolt back it is supposed to drop, if it doesn't try manually pulling it down. It just maybe stuck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is a reply to ALL in this discussion.
Thank you for your replies and support. The mgr, of the FFL gun shop checked it out and said it must go back to Ruger for repair or replacement. I will request a replacement. Thank you all.

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

·
Army CW3
1,078 Posts
Welcome to rugerforum.net from an Old Soldier in Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest! HOOAAAHHHH!!!!!

·
One Star
9,631 Posts
Hello from Derby City.

·
Registered
32 Posts
This is a reply to ALL in this discussion.
Thank you for your replies and support. The mgr, of the FFL gun shop checked it out and said it must go back to Ruger for repair or replacement. I will request a replacement. Thank you all.
Mine should be back from Ruger on Monday. UPS sent their Tracking #. Last guy I spoke to(Mike) said they've had issues with primers from their test rounds dropping into the action when they test fire at the factory.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts