Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have sold a few, bought a few, and needed to take new pictures of the gals. So, although they are far from the best pictures, here they are:

The Single Actions:

The Double Actions:

The Auto Loaders:

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Nice looking gals! I can't fault the pictures...they look better than mine. What is that 1911?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Great collection! If these were all laid out on a table and you said I could grab one and shoot it, I think I'd pick the stainless single action on the top of that picture. If I could pick another one I think I'd pick the other stainless with the birds head grip.

So please mail those two to me. [8D]

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rman, the 1911 is a Kimber Ultra Carry 2. EddieF, mail me a check first and we can talk! (The top gun, by the way, is an Old Army, the birds head is a .45 Vaquero with Super Blackhawk hammer.)

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Great looking bunch you got there!

·
Registered
431 Posts
You know, I haven't had a thumb cocker since my Super Blackhawk was stolen, but looking a yours I have a sudden desire for another one. Wouldn't mind a Vaquero either.

Molon Labe

Kim

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
quote:Originally posted by EddieF

So, forgive my ignorance, but the old Army, does that mean it's black powder? I bet that's fun to shoot.

Yes sir, it is a black powder revolver. And a load of fun to shoot!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Those are some great looking guns.

I love the GP100 and sp101 (especially the sp101).

I'm not a really big semi-automatic guy, but I really like the hogue grips on those stainless ruger bottom-feeders as well. How do you like the ruger semi autos? Are those .45s? How would you compare those semis with sigs, hks, glocks, and berettas?

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
quote:Originally posted by Fishman

Those are some great looking guns.

I love the GP100 and sp101 (especially the sp101).

I'm not a really big semi-automatic guy, but I really like the hogue grips on those stainless ruger bottom-feeders as well. How do you like the ruger semi autos? Are those .45s? How would you compare those semis with sigs, hks, glocks, and berettas?
One is a .45 (P90), the other is a 9mm (P89). The only one that I am qualified to compare them to of the ones you mentioned are the Beretta. There is nothing that the Beretta can do that the Ruger can not do, and do it one heck of a lot cheaper. I had a Beretta 92FS, and it was a good gun. But my P89 has been just as good. Neither gun ever failed me. I have shot thousands of 115 grain JHP reloads through my P89 with nary a jam. I have had about 3 failures with my P90 of the last round in the magazine not wanting to go into battery (out of about 600 rounds so far through it).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts