Ruger Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Mk II, Wrangler, LCPII .22 LR, EC9S, Security 9, P-85, RAR .17 HMR + .22 LR, + 10/22 Sporter
1,966 Posts
Yeah, I use gmail exclusively myself. Since I use an Android (ggogle) phone, I want all my apps to interface such as mail, calendar, contacts, photos, etc. You'd be foolish to use anything else with an Android device. For example, if I make a hotel reservation, the moment the email conf hits my inbox, it's posted to my calendar automatically. If I buy a new phone, throw the old in the trash + log into google, everything is there.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Yeah, I use gmail exclusively myself. Since I use an Android (ggogle) phone, I want all my apps to interface such as mail, calendar, contacts, photos, etc. You'd be foolish to use anything else with an Android device. For example, if I make a hotel reservation, the moment the email conf hits my inbox, it's posted to my calendar automatically. If I buy a new phone, throw the old in the trash + log into google, everything is there.
Mine does the same thing with a Yahoo email address. I use my Yahoo address to sign in to "Google", and then my calendar, YouTube account, Contacts and everything else syncs up automatically.

·
Registered
414 Posts
If those that have been actually scammed could contribute to this it would be helpful. If you would prefer you can PM me and I will not use your identity. It would be useful to see the scammers actual words and methods.
A lot of the scams we see on my home forum, MSGO.com (Mississippi Gun Owners), come in the WTB ads. Someone contacts the OP stating something like,
"Contact my uncle Joe in Ohio. He has a pistol like you're looking for. His email is [email protected]"

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
This is meant to be a profile of what are the common characteristics of a scammer not a condemnation of g-mail or g-mail users. Not really understanding why people don't get that?
Good information Terry P. I notice the same things on craigslist.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Some companies (Boeing, credit unions, etc. ) actually require a gmail account as it enables functionality, auto updates, and anti virus etc.

·
Administrator
22,785 Posts
Some companies (Boeing, credit unions, etc. ) actually require a gmail account as it enables functionality, auto updates, and anti virus etc.
And how does that relate to the portrait of a scammer?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I have a Gmail account that I HAD to get with my phone 7 years ago. I never use it because of so many scammers using gmail. On craigslist they even embed them in pics.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Then again, lots of honest folk have a gmail account, like me. Common sense goes a long way against scams.
When in doubt,check it out.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I would have to be involved in some high level financial dealings before I would ever consider paying for an email acct. My gmail acct is good enough for my credit card accts, Gunbroker, Amazon, Ebay, & all my banking. I've never sold, or bought anything here, only sought information. I would be insulted my credibility was in question because of where my email originated.

·
Administrator
22,785 Posts
In logic it's called the theory of the excluded middle. Goats have blue eyes, Jane has blue eyes, Jane is a goat. Scammers use G-Mail accounts, Insert your name has a G-Mail account, You are a scammer. It's the same mutton headed logic that this thread has turned into when the staff was simply trying to help the members see what a scammer profile may be. The thread is closed.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.