Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Just bought this 9mm carbine on GB. Should be a suitable gun to replace my Mossberg 590 12 gauge for a home defense gun. I already have a decent red dot and rings to mount on it when it arrives.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Congratulations! I'm glad to hear you were able to get the PC Carbine - none of the places near me have much in stock, arrrgh

Enjoy - hope you have somewhere to shoot it; the ranges are currently closed where I am :(

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congratulations! I'm glad to hear you were able to get the PC Carbine - none of the places near me have much in stock, arrrgh

Enjoy - hope you have somewhere to shoot it; the ranges are currently closed where I am :(
No one had it in stock at a brick and mortar store, I found it on BunBroker. They are in Alabama and I am in Tennessee, so it should be here Friday

·
Registered
454 Posts
Nice MK! I really like the look of that latest version. Now the joy of waiting....we've all been there.

·
Registered
190 Posts

Just bought this 9mm carbine on GB. Should be a suitable gun to replace my Mossberg 590 12 gauge for a home defense gun. I already have a decent red dot and rings to mount on it when it arrives.
Nice carbine!!!! Supplement or augment your 590.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
No one had it in stock at a brick and mortar store, I found it on BunBroker. They are in Alabama and I am in Tennessee, so it should be here Friday
OK, is there an open FFL shop to do the interstate transfer paperwork? None of the shops around me are open.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Congratulations.

I ordered my Ruger PC Carbine late February from Grab A Gun. Picked it up six days ago from FFL.

Model 19117 with MLOK upper. Otherwise standard. It's a really fun rifle.

Luckily I bought 750 rounds of FMJ range and 45 of JHP ammo three weeks ago.

Wish I got accessories sooner. The red dot I had my eye on doubled in price overnight. Glock clone mags were out of stock too. Wound up using the Ruger 20% discount to order extra Ruger mags instead. It looks like I'll be on the Ruger mag standard for the duration.

Anyhow, do enjoy the PC Carbine. Makes those pre-supper mag dumps all the more enjoyable.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Here in Tennessee, gun stores are considered essential, so they stayed open.
My FFL is open in Sonoma County. An "essential business." Super glad. I would have been SOL Friday when I picked up the 19117.

Other California counties are considering (or already have) closed the gun shops.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Congratulations! I got mine about six months ago and it quickly became the centerpiece of my HD lineup. Enjoy it, it's a lot of fun to shoot!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I dug out my 458 SoCom in case the neighbors come to raid my TP. I haven't finished machining my 9mm AR lower yet.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Congrats!! You've inspired or pushed me over the edge to get the exact same model that I've been waffling on for a bit. My store is several hundred miles from me, hopefully he has it tomorrow and then fingers crossed that the post service holds up.....
My first Eotech will be in that parcel also, little stoked!

Cheers!

·
Banned
29,620 Posts
Very good looking and a good choice. I would have gotten one in 40 if I did not already have a beretta strom carbine in 9 40 and 45. I use it in 45 as ahouse carbine as in Nj hollowpoints are problematic legally. So I load mine with hornady 230 grain fmj flat point.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Yeah baby!!!!

Very good looking and a good choice. I would have gotten one in 40 if I did not already have a beretta strom carbine in 9 40 and 45. I use it in 45 as ahouse carbine as in Nj hollowpoints are problematic legally. So I load mine with hornady 230 grain fmj flat point.
I use my Ruger PC in 40 cal as my home defense gun along with a Ruger 40 pistol. I use the 9mm carbine as a fun gun at the range, or to teach others to shoot, and as a backup gun for the wife /daughter to use.

I almost jumped on the Beretta storm bandwagon a few years ago.....nice guns. They were in the 700-800 dollar range at that time and I was poor. Always did admire them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
OK, is there an open FFL shop to do the interstate transfer paperwork? None of the shops around me are open.
It'll be tough getting it into PA if your shops are closed. Most places won't ship to anyone other than a FFL in your home state.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts