Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone had asked me to post pictures of the process of adding the 6" rail to the ATI Stock on the tactical. I finally got around to doing it this morning so here it is. I also added a simple Tapco fore grip.

First I removed the 2" Rail from the bottom of the stock.

Then I placed the new 6" rail on the stock and used existing front two holes to mount the new rail. I had to drill two new holes into the stock for the rear mounting screws. Instructions that came with the rail said to use a #28 drill bit. Instructions on the ATI website PDF said to use a 5/32 drill bit. Well I don't have a #28 (Damn the English system of measurements!), but I used a 5/32 and it worked just fine. ;) I made sure to use the ATI stock center mold line as a guide to make sure the rail was straight on the bottom before drilling the holes.

Two new holes drilled and all four screws mounted securely.

Aluminum upgrade on the ATI Stock

Sorry for the blurry shot.. all mobile phone images. The Tapco mounted on the rail.

Finished.

If you're wondering, that's what a 112 year old stone foundation looks like. I have my little workshop dungeon in the basement of our house. Nothing better than a stone foundation, slate roof, and plaster walls. ;)

·
Registered
549 Posts
Looks like you did a great job on it, now go out and shoot it....SWEET....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts