Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought one of the Last 45 Colt/45ACP Redhawks with a conventional barrel before they switched to the two piece barrel design. I was just wondering how the 2piece barrels are shooting compared to the older model. Reason I'm curious is that I saw a New Redhawk that I'm thinking about buying.

Attachments

·
Registered
415 Posts
The two piece barrel wouldn’t scare me off. My lcrx has a two piece barrel and it shoots great, and I haven’t had any problems.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought one of the Last 45 Colt/45ACP Redhawks with a conventional barrel before they switched to the two piece barrel design. I was just wondering how the 2piece barrels are shooting compared to the older model. Reason I'm curious is that I saw a New Redhawk that I'm thinking about buying.
I don't know but I love mine after Cylinderhone got done with it.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
I'm old school and would prefer the conventional barrel set-up...
I'm not against 'change' but I want to see proven change before I invest...
Just because something's new doesn't make it better...especially in the long run...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Woah. Who is this cylinderhone you speak of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doug Guy runs Cylinderhone. He is on the Cast Boolits forum and has a page on Facebook. He can setup your revolver to shoot cast bullets. All of my revolvers go through his shop.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
118 Posts
Cylinerhone is a must for .45 Colt and .45 ACP rugers. They all come from the factory with undersized throats so Doug hones out the cylinders to a proper ~.4525. It makes a big difference, you can find him on facebook under cylinderhone

·
One Star
9,887 Posts
I like yours and have no clue about the 2 piece revolver.

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
They still make both if you're talking about the frame shroud.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts