Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took my new 4" redhawk to the range yesterday. My only other experience with a .44 was a Smith 29 with wood grips and a 6 inch barrel. it was unpleasant, but the Redhawk was waay better! the Hogue grips made the recoil feel more like a solid push than a jolt, and the weight of the revolver really limited muzzle flip, until i tried it one-handed! then it was a chore to haul the front sight back down. I shot 100 rounds of Mag-tech 240 gr jacketed magnums and 50 JHP .44 special and had a blast!

i'll be putting more rounds downrange later this month.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
That gun has been on my wish list since Ruger announced it. I keep buying other things. Might have to put one on lay a way! I know they probably would never do it, but I wish Ruger would consider putting the GP100/Super Redhawk lockwork and grip stud into the Redhawk.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
nice shooter, love Hogue grips.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Every thing is in Balance on that Gun...<:))

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
quote:Originally posted by gunman42782

That gun has been on my wish list since Ruger announced it. I keep buying other things. Might have to put one on lay a way! I know they probably would never do it, but I wish Ruger would consider putting the GP100/Super Redhawk lockwork and grip stud into the Redhawk.
+1 on that gunman! That would be the perfect .44 Mag.

·
Registered
173 Posts
It is the perfect .44 mag

that would be the perfect .44 Mag.
Well, with just a few changes like action tuning and Decelerators. The gun is very nicely balanced, loves my handloads and gives really nice groups, and plus it tames the recoil of the heaviest loads. Compared with the S&W 329PD, it is a real pussycat. I have been waiting for this gun my entire adult life. I had other Redhawk's, but nothing seems so perfectly balanced as these "little" 4" Redhawks. I love mine! Buy one and you will love it. And if you like the .45 Colt, they just came out with a .45 version too. :D

Between the AK, the new Redhawks and now the SP101 in 327, they have not just a home run but a winning season. Gad, I love it!

Shooter429

Shooter429

·
Registered
401 Posts
Good Looking Redhawk...

I'm waiting for a set of Pachmayr grip(pers) for my 5.5 inch RH. Hopefully I'll get to the range next week.

·
Banned
186 Posts
Theres only one thing I love more than my 4" and thats my dog.
Thats saying a lot.

·
Registered
21 Posts
That 44 is the nuggets. I'm curious if the butt has changed on Redhawks over the years ? The grip configuration looks different than my older RH.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
one of these years....................

1 - 15 of 15 Posts