Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bench has been finished for a while, just needed some spare time to set it up.
Four coats of sealer two weeks ago.
Set it up over two days last week.
Still a work in progress and now just need to move it to it's permanent position (apologies for the stuff in the background).
Test loads done to trial when I can.

·
Banned
4,779 Posts
Nice James ,looks like a great set up....any reloading i need to do i do at my mates gunshop mainly just .22 hornet,i have been getting some good deals on factory .223 and 9mm lately the .223 being American eagle and the 9mm the aluminium cased Blaser...it works well and even my PC9 loves it.

·
Republican!!!
11,412 Posts
The bench has been finished for a while, just needed some spare time to set it up.
Four coats of sealer two weeks ago.
Set it up over two days last week.
Still a work in progress and now just need to move it to it's permanent position (apologies for the stuff in the background).
Test loads done to trial when I can.
Looks GREAT, James. But wouldn't a meth lab have been easier? :D

I'm KIDDING!!!

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks great. Good job. Now get some boolits made.
Thanks mate, working on it.
Have some trial loads ready for 9mm, .45C & .45ACP.
Can get serious about shooting the SR1911 now. :D

Nice James ,looks like a great set up....any reloading i need to do i do at my mates gunshop mainly just .22 hornet,i have been getting some good deals on factory .223 and 9mm lately the .223 being American eagle and the 9mm the aluminium cased Blaser...it works well and even my PC9 loves it.
Thanks Kiwi.
Your lucky then in that respect.

that's a great looking rig--almost too nice for a press!
Thanks mate.
Just made it sturdy, the "stain" is really floor sealer with tung oil.

Looks GREAT, James. But wouldn't a meth lab have been easier? :D

I'm KIDDING!!!
Thanks mate, it's good to finally have it up to reloading stage.
Still a work in progress, not finished yet.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'm impressed. You used a router on each leg. Wow. Looks as strong as it is beautiful. Make sure your mates use coasters before they set their Fosters on your bench. I don't know Australian woods. Is it pine? Nice job.:)

·
Super Moderator
21,204 Posts
Good work on the bench and set up. I don't see a scale?? Seven different calibers you are loading??

·
Registered
757 Posts
top notch reloading bench

Love the style and finish of your reloading bench, you are a true craftsman.

Mine is a used Stanley Vidmar workbench with a maple top that was initially 5 feet in length, and it had numerous holes drilled into the top from aircraft sheet metal work. Well I extended the top of mine another 3 feet with some 3/4 inch plywood, then topped it off with some stainless steel. At one end I reload my pistol and rifle bullets utlizing RCBS equipment and at the other end I will have my MEC shotgun Sizemaster reloader. Now that I am involved with the Single Action Shooting Society, this equipment is just right for me. Eventually I will post some pictures of my set up.

Again good set up, I'm sure once you get it into the final position, I would recommend a fluorescent light fixture above the bench to not only see what you are doing, but to show off your craftsmanship.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very nice!
Thank you.

I'm impressed. You used a router on each leg. Wow. Looks as strong as it is beautiful. Make sure your mates use coasters before they set their Fosters on your bench. I don't know Australian woods. Is it pine? Nice job.:)
It was made by a mate, I told him the basic design and this is what he delivered. I am very happy with the job he did. Yes, it is pine. I plan to put a thin rubber mat on part of the top surface.

Good work on the bench and set up. I don't see a scale?? Seven different calibers you are loading??
Thanks Terry.
A small electronic scale is in the box under the green powder funnel.
Only loading for four at this stage, I sure that's bound to change..... :D

Love the style and finish of your reloading bench, you are a true craftsman.

Mine is a used Stanley Vidmar workbench with a maple top that was initially 5 feet in length, and it had numerous holes drilled into the top from aircraft sheet metal work. Well I extended the top of mine another 3 feet with some 3/4 inch plywood, then topped it off with some stainless steel. At one end I reload my pistol and rifle bullets utlizing RCBS equipment and at the other end I will have my MEC shotgun Sizemaster reloader. Now that I am involved with the Single Action Shooting Society, this equipment is just right for me. Eventually I will post some pictures of my set up.

Again good set up, I'm sure once you get it into the final position, I would recommend a fluorescent light fixture above the bench to not only see what you are doing, but to show off your craftsmanship.
Thank you. I do plan to hang a fluro above it when it's finally located.
Wish I could claim the craftsmanship, unfortunately not.
Looking forward to your pics.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
I thought of suggesting to you (but then I saw the Dillon equipment) that you use the Lee bench plates for your equipment. Such a clean looking bench should be free of umpteen pieces of tooling making elbow room at a premium. Maybe they (the bench plates) would work for a single stage press (if you have one) or casting equipment like lubrisizers? Just a thought. Smithy.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great job, James

wPm
Thanks mate.

I thought of suggesting to you (but then I saw the Dillon equipment) that you use the Lee bench plates for your equipment. Such a clean looking bench should be free of umpteen pieces of tooling making elbow room at a premium. Maybe they (the bench plates) would work for a single stage press (if you have one) or casting equipment like lubrisizers? Just a thought. Smithy.
I have a little project for the other end of the bench. :D

·
Registered
177 Posts
Good looking setup. Quality products on a sturdy table. Many hours of fun ahead. Great job.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
+1
Very Nicely Done! :cool:
Thanks mate.

Looks very nice, what kind of wood did you use? the grain looks different than anything here in the states.
Thanks mate, it is pine.
Been made for a few months, the colour is the sealer I used which contains tung oil.

James! Well done. I think it will serve you very well. (Trying hard not to be jealous. :D)

Tom
Thanks mate, had most of the components (minus the bench) for almost fifteen months.
A mate made the bench (mate's rates). :D

Good looking setup. Quality products on a sturdy table. Many hours of fun ahead. Great job.
Thanks mate.
Went for Dillon cause most of us here have it (and never had a problem).

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 37 Posts