Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw an ad this week for a new 10/22 magazine loader at the Ruger accessories store. The ad did not explain much about how it works. Has anyone tried one yet?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Maglula???

If you are talking about this one, yes they work great, but are brand new on the market and dealers are having a hard time keeping them in stock. They are made in Israel, so there are some logistics involved in getting them to the USA.

If you are talking about some other 10/22 loader....I have NO idea.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I have one and it makes loading the magazines a lot easier, particularly that last couple of rounds. It's not much faster than using your thumb but it's a lot more comfortable and after a long day, your thumb will thank you.

There have been other 10/22 magazine loaders in the past but most of them have terrible reviews. This one really works.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I saw an ad this week for a new 10/22 magazine loader at the Ruger accessories store. The ad did not explain much about how it works. Has anyone tried one yet?
This is (at least) the second thread about this item. Do a search and you'll get a variety of opinions and sources. Personally, even being a gadget junkie, I'm going to pass. ymmv :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Loader/unloader set

Bought them last month to try and solve 3 30 rd ramlines giving up at the same time. No joy. (magazines) The loader/ unloader set worked fine but the ramlines are junk.

·
Major
1,624 Posts
Mine arrived a couple of days ago and it sure saves the thumb! The unloader is kinda nice, too.

Most every "bulk" loader I’ve tried is junk, BTW.

·
Registered
232 Posts
i was curious about this loader/unloader pair so i ordered one... for unloading i normally just use the flat end of a bamboo skewer, but the unloader worked well enough

the loader was also helpful in loading my 10-, 15-, and 25-round magazines...

the only problem i ran into was that the loader will NOT fit on the 10-round mag when using an Alangator tri-mag adaptor - the mags have to be removed

but yes, this loader works well to save the thumb, especially if you're like me and have nearly 20 mags to load for the range

willie
on the Gulf of Mexico

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
the only problem i ran into was that the loader will NOT fit on the 10-round mag when using an Alangator tri-mag adaptor - the mags have to be removed...
Yes, I expected they would be a problem. However, I can assure you the loader does work perfectly with the TandemKross "Doublecross" dual magazines.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Yes, I expected they would be a problem. However, I can assure you the loader does work perfectly with the TandemKross "Doublecross" dual magazines.
yes, i verified that (have one)... and also the High Tower dual-mag coupler

willie
on the Gulf of Mexico

·
Registered
26 Posts
lula 10/22 loader/unloader

Havent' seen Rugers, but Maglula has one out that should work well.
it's on Amazon for 37.50

I've got a champion that worked fairly well at first, but is getting contrary as it wears. Plastic.

Tried a Butler Creek and threw it away.
If I didn't have 4 mags I'd buy the HC3R

BTW Youtube has a good fix for Champion 25 round mags that cause jams.
here:

Copy and paste into your browser.

Hope that Helps,
TedH

·
Registered
76 Posts
I got one and it works good but it does not make it any faster. There are other kinds for non rotary mags and they are faster and easy to use but it only makes sense for larger capacity magazines.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just ordered mine the other day off eBay, after seeing these posts. Thanks Guys! I figure it's a "must have", like the 9/45 one I already have.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts