Ruger Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was sitting around with not much to do and it was pointed out to me that it is support local small business day. So, I got my 16 year old son and his buddy away from the video games and we went down and bought a basic wood stock, blued 10/22. Grabbed a Ruger 25 round mag since they had those in stock as well.

I have done my good deed for the day. :D

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
The Ruger 10/22 is arguably one of the most popular 22 rifles produced, and for good reason - simple, reliable, great design, American-made.

I agree, support your LGS. They may not always be able to beat the "big-box store" prices, but selection and service mean a lot to me. You did well to pry those video game controllers out of your son and friend's hands.

Enjoy your 10/22.

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Wanna get those boys away from the games even more? Get them their own 10/22, or better yet, let them plan, design and do their own build(s) from components they choose. It'll make them their own in more than just one way and make for some continual father/son time both in the planning and building stages and in shooting them. :)

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Wanna get those boys away from the games even more? Get them their own 10/22, or better yet, let them plan, design and do their own build(s) from components they choose. It'll make them their own in more than just one way and make for some continual father/son time both in the planning and building stages and in shooting them. :)
Ditto

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Excellent advice.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I have been recovering from hand surgery so today, with the bandages all off and bored out of my mind, I unpacked the rifle out of the box and field stripped it and cleaned it really well.

I was surprised at how pretty the wood is. I hadn't had it out of its plastic, and was pleasantly surprised. It also has a Hi-Vis front sight, something I didn't expect, and some Picatinny rails.

The hardest part on the field strip was compressing the charging handle to get it back together. What a nice little rifle.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got mine home the other day and told my wife that i had gotten the rifle torn down and ready for some new parts and she asked why would you buy a brand new rifle and put new parts in it all ready? The only thing that i could tell her is that it is a sickness.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Bought me my first one as well yesterday....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts