Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I'm new to Rugers. Bought my first two this year.
I grew up an army brat. My father taught me to shoot at 6 yrs old, using his 30-06 WoodMaster Remington Rifle. I loved shooting that cannon. Thought Remington was the greatest for a long time. Well my fathers rifle started having bolt issues about ten years ago. It's been into the shop several times. But never comes back fixed. The gun has been effectively retired for now. Both my brother and I treat it like a family heirloom. That being said, we've both lost the love for the Remington brand, burned our fanboy cards, especially after doing some research online and finding a lot of complaints about the brand starting in the mid 80s when they got bought.
I have other brands I like, but I think Ruger is my new favorite for now. I purchased a 10/22 SS carbine and a 3inch SS GP100 as birthday presents for myself earlier this year.
I Really like the 10/22, use it for plinking and hiking. I may use it for small game hunting later on, and probably use it to teach my son to shoot in a few years. I've also got bit by the 10/22 customize bug.
As much as I like the 10/22, I love the GP100, fits my hand so well. Love firing it. Use it as the main home defense gun and I open carry it when I go camping or hiking.
Both guns feel really well built and are a joy to shoot. Well done Ruger ! ;)

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,890 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Registered
7,654 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
A big welcome to the Forum from Georiga!!

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Welcome from Central Florida.

·
Registered
17,261 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma. I, too, have a retired .30-06 Woodsmaster that was my father in law's. Refinished the stock, cleaned it within an inch of it's life. Reassembled it and took it to my gun smith. He said all was well and shot it a few times and said it might run for years if I don't shoot heavy bullets. I found some Hornady Custom Lite 125 grain for it and bought some the other day. This is all just in case I need to fall back on it some day. It looks great and cycles great so I hope it is fine.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.