Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my new LC9 with the Lasermax today. I did a lot of reading about them and I am looking forward to taking it to the range. The only problem is that I can not find any ammo for it. All the stores are sold out of the 9mm FMJ for target shooting. I did pick up a box of 25 rounds for home defense but that is it. Where is a good place to order target ammo online? Thanks

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
That sucks ! Dealer had no ammo to go with purchase ? I have better luck with Wal mart or Gun shows for ammo and a lot of it,congrats,I am thinking of getting the SR 9mm cause I am hearing less and less problems out of the box now.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea Walmat, Bass Pro, Sportsman and a few of the gun dealers in Vegas are all out of it. It sucks.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Season's greetings from Maine. Once this shortage is over, be sure to stock up with plenty of 9mm for that LC9. You will want to be shooting that pistol!

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
I just picked up my new LC9 with the Lasermax today. I did a lot of reading about them and I am looking forward to taking it to the range. The only problem is that I can not find any ammo for it. All the stores are sold out of the 9mm FMJ for target shooting. I did pick up a box of 25 rounds for home defense but that is it. Where is a good place to order target ammo online? Thanks
Freedom Munitions has a solid reputation. Good luck with the LC9, I enjoy mine.

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Welcome from Texas! Every place around these parts is either completely out of 9mm or certainly out of the least expensive practice ammo.

·
Registered
261 Posts
You will just have to call or go and look around. Seems hit or miss around my area. You could also look online but a few of them are very limited as well. It is just the luck of the draw...being in the right place at the right time. If you reload you have more options and the biggest problem will be getting small pistol primers, at least in my area. My local Sportsmans Warehouse is selling about 200,000 primers PER WEEK here according to the gun sales guys. The large percentage are small pistol primers.
Darrell

·
Registered
41 Posts
Congrats on the new LC9. I love mine now that I've got used to the trigger. Not a single issue with it after 5000+ rounds.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Congrats on your LC9 purchase & I send my Greetings & Welcome to the forum from the "Tar Heel" State of North Carolina.

·
Registered
356 Posts
My solution to the ammo shortage was to learn to reload. For a small initial investment, I have a means to secure a good endless supply. And its one heckuva a lot of fun - even when its raining.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I am afraid we are right at the beginning of another ammo/firearm buying frenzy with people buying ammo which they never will fire. A fellow I used to work with said he just bought 5,000 rounds of .223 and he has never fired 20 rounds in his mini 14 since he bought it!
I know just how you feel, i just picked up a CZ 527 bolt action .223 that I had ordered and there is none left around here. A week ago the stores were full of it.
Lucky I had a couple of boxes left from the last .223 I owned.
i guess you will just have to check all the stores in your area, and just buy anything that might show up, even if its not exactly what you want to try out your new pistol.
you might have just as bad a problem trying to order online right now also.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts