Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, my name is Kevin. I've never owned a Ruger before so I thought I would join the forum and start reading and learning. I just picked up this SP101 from a local pawn shop here in central Florida. I couldn't believe the price so I jumped on it. Im a sucker for snubbies. She cleaned up pretty good but I still would like to replace the grips with a set of Badger boot grips. I have a pair on my 1976 Cobra and LOVE them!! Here are a few pictures... Kevin.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hi Kevin, Welcome ! Thats real purty, did you do all the polishing? I love the SP's, I just picked up the same model yesterday myself !

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No sir, thats what caught my eye though. I collect nickel Colts and Smiths and when I saw this Ruger...I couldn't resist :)

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Welcome from Australia mate.
Glad to have you on board, nice folk here and lots of good info.
Congratulations.

·
Registered
17,260 Posts
That's a good lookin revolver.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Nice looker! If you run out of bullets, you can blind your opponent by reflecting the sun!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you everyone for the kind words! I appreciate it. Like I said, its my first Ruger so Im still learning it. I love the manner in which she breaks down. I do all of my own repair and maintenance so seeing how the SP101 comes apart was a real plus in my decision making process.

I've ordered the Wolff spring set and the XS big dot sight, and I'll see if there is any money left to order the Badgers today :)

Anyway, thank you for the warm welcome, and I must say, Im really enjoying the info and people on this site! Kevin.

·
Banned
3,158 Posts
Very nice! Good luck with Badger grips. I've had a couple bad experiences with their product! Perhaps try grips4guns.com.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Very nice! Good luck with Badger grips. I've had a couple bad experiences with their product! Perhaps try grips4guns.com.
Really? Wow!! I hate to hear that! I have had 2 pair on my Colts (one Cobra and one Agent) and they were perfect, granted it has been several years. I hope their QC hasn't taken a nose dive. Man I hate to hear that. I was just about ready to pull-the-trigger so to speak. Kevin.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Congrats on your new pistol. You'll LOVE it.
I jusr got the gp100 4 inch about a month ago, and there isn't a day i dont at least take it out just to look at it and wipe her down.
Oh, you will learn a sh;$(&)@t load of info on here. I've asked a few questions myself and got some extremely good and in depth answers.
This is my goto website if I ever have any questions about my gp.
Good luck shooting, and you'll have to pop in and let everyone know how the accuracy is with it.
Take care.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Welcome Kevin, that is a very nice find. I bet Someone was sick at there stomach when the left that at the pawn shop.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you for the kind words 78CJ5. The best part is they had it for 340.00 plus tax and background. I couldn't pass it up.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Great deal on a great revolver. You will like it a lot.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts