Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Thats interesting...My SR22P was never very accurate, in fact, it was badly inaccurate. The TTT threaded barrel fixed that issue. I would hope the new model is very accurate. That's what turned me off of the SR22P, that is just didn't deliver with accuracy.

·
Viceroy 🟩🟩🟩
3,255 Posts
I like it. The SR22 is a great little range gun and practice gun for new shooters. A bit of extra sight radius would be fine for that.

And the SR22 is a great little trail pistol and this extra inch only adds 1.2 ounces, so not really a detriment there either.

·
Registered
9,687 Posts
I like it. The SR22 is a great little range gun and practice gun for new shooters. A bit of extra sight radius would be fine for that.

And the SR22 is a great little trail pistol and this extra inch only adds 1.2 ounces, so not really a detriment there either.
I've heard people use the term "more sight radius" ... what the heck does that mean? I would think it would give you a LONGER sight line ... are we talking about the same thing?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Haven't seen one yet but am eagerly, and I mean eagerly anticipating them? Why? Because there will be a flood of regular SR-22's hitting the used market for everyone who just has-to-have one of these. Time to sock away a few more on the cheap.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Thats interesting...My SR22P was never very accurate, in fact, it was badly inaccurate. The TTT threaded barrel fixed that issue. I would hope the new model is very accurate. That's what turned me off of the SR22P, that is just didn't deliver with accuracy.
My SR22 is very accurate. Its one of the more popular guns when I take friends out to shoot because it runs great on any ammo and makes the shooter look good. I have pretty much lost my SR22 to my wife, but I wouldn't get one of the new ones. I just don't care for the way they look.

·
Viceroy 🟩🟩🟩
3,255 Posts
I've heard people use the term "more sight radius" ... what the heck does that mean? I would think it would give you a LONGER sight line ... are we talking about the same thing?
Yes same thing and I'm not sure about the origin of the term amongst the shooting community.

·
Registered
9,687 Posts
I was thinking about this last night, if the frame is the same as the 3.5" SR22, would the "new barrel and slide" fit my currently owned SR22 with the 3.5" barrel?

Might be something to investigate ... yes no? Or would the cost of the barrel and slide be just about what the cost of the gun would be ...

·
Registered
141 Posts
I got the Ruger email on the SR22-4-1/2" and thought it was pretty interesting. I then remembered back when the Walther P22 came out, you were able to buy the pistol with a long slide and barrel combo. I tried to get one but the combo was always sold out. I'm not certain, but I think the Walther long barrel and slide was 5".

As far as the term "sight radius" goes, if you think of target shooting and the term "minute of angle", one minute of angle is close to 1" in one hundred yards. A circle has 360 degrees and each degree is made up of 60 minutes. (Each minute is made up of 60 seconds as well). if a transit is set up and one minute of angle is turned from a given point at 100 yards from center of transit that minute of angle measures almost 1". Sight radius then comes from the distance of the rear sight to the front sight as if the front sight turns about the rear sight.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ruger is using the term "sight radius" in their description of the new Ruger SR22P 4.5" barrel pistol'.

Ruger Introduces the Long Slide SR22® Pistol
Ruger is excited to introduce a long slide version of the Ruger® SR22® pistol. This new model, otherwise identical to the standard SR22®, offers a 4.50" barrel (an increase of one inch) and a similarly extended slide. This new SR22® offers Ruger customers an alternative model with different balance, both visually and in the hand, and the extended sight radius offers improved accuracy potential.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I was thinking about this last night, if the frame is the same as the 3.5" SR22, would the "new barrel and slide" fit my currently owned SR22 with the 3.5" barrel?

Might be something to investigate ... yes no? Or would the cost of the barrel and slide be just about what the cost of the gun would be ...
I think it should be really interresting, and I may buy one if I can find only the slide and barrel for my 3.5".
It should be more interesting for me here in France, not to lose one of the 12th autorization of own I can have (a new slide and a new barrel would just be mentioned on the SR22 autorization I already have)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Has anyone seen one of these yet? If not, any word on when they will hit stores? I was about to pull the trigger on a std SR22 but then saw that these are coming out and am VERY interested!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Has anyone seen one of these yet? If not, any word on when they will hit stores? I was about to pull the trigger on a std SR22 but then saw that these are coming out and am VERY interested!
I actually ordered one of these from my LGS today. Hopefully will have it by the end of the week!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts