Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
At first I was amazed at the number of "new" Rugers. Then as I looked over the list, I realized the smaller SR-1911 was the closest to new. It requires a new frame, slide, barrel, and some of the action parts.

The rest are basically new chamberings or using new materials, like the stainless GSR. Change a stock color, or thread a muzzle. Simple changes compared to a totally new model.

This may make production keeping up with demand easier?

Wonder if Ruger has anything truly new on the horizon?

I'd still like to see a break-top .22LR revolver.....:D

But, they'd have to send me a free one as thanks for the suggestion. I'm too broke to buy one this year, so far.......:(

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,887 Posts
Just for the record the Commander size 1911 uses all the same parts except for the Slide/Barrel/Recoil spring.The frame and fire control parts are identical in the Full size/Commander size.The real change comes with the Officer's size 1911...

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
So by "new" you expect a completely new design, thus a new model every time? Only so many designs that will work.

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So by "new" you expect a completely new design, thus a new model every time? Only so many designs that will work.
Well, a few recent examples of "new" are the LCP, LCR, LC-9, and SR-22 pistol. Nothing in this "new" batch is new compared to those. A guy can dream..........:rolleyes:

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Just added the Commander to my wishlist.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Well, a few recent examples of "new" are the LCP, LCR, LC-9, and SR-22 pistol. Nothing in this "new" batch is new compared to those. A guy can dream..........:rolleyes:
patience, my Ruger friend, patience. For every big show, Ruger's sales/marketing dept wants a new model to presentStill a few big shows this yr. Besides...they dropped their shotguns right? Patience...;)

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
It's always fun to see the new crop of guns. I am just a bit melancholy though, because some of the model/caliber combinations are gone. REALLY surprised that the #1s are down to 1 caliber per configuration.........Still waiting for that 77/22 in 5.7x28 though!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts