Ruger Forum banner

New Second SR40c

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  HarleyRider 
#1 ·
I like my SR40c so much that I decided to buy a second copy of it so that my son and I can shoot them together. (And when the Zombies come we will have a spare). I have continued to be impressed with the fit and finish of the pistol as well as its simple design, reliability, and accuracy. My first SR40c did have to go back to Ruger due to light strikes. (After the 8 day round trip to Ruger it has been perfect.) I finally got the second SR40c to the range yesterday. I am happy to report that right out of the box (well, after I got it home, stripped and lubed it) it worked perfectly. I put 150 rounds through it with 100% reliability and NO light strikes. Very accurate as always. There is just something about 40 caliber that is fun to shoot.

One of the things I really like about the SR40c is that it is very easy to strip and clean. I check the striker channel about every other time out and there never seems to be much crud in there.

Anyway, since I dutifully reported the light strike issue on my first SR40c, which Ruger quickly and efficiently fixed, I thought I would report that my second copy functioned perfectly right out of the box, as it should. Nifty little pistol.

#4 ·
Yes you do. ;)

Went to the range this morning and put 350 more rounds through the new SR40c. So it can be said that it is now broken in. Fortunately my local range sells high quality reloads at a very economical price. The pistol functioned perfectly and was a pleasure to shoot.

Just ordered a Crimson Trace LaserMax (red) for my second SR40c so that it will match the configuration of my first. :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.