Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just picked this one up yesterday. Not the prettiest or highest quality pistol out there but I like the way it fits my hand and it's a good carry size, plus it has an external safety that isn't too difficult to flick off. Reviews have been mostly positive on it from what I've seen so far.

I like how the latest production has the plastic insert tray now. I remember when I looked at these when they first came out there was no tray and the pistol and accessories didn't seem to fit inside the box all that well.

I ordered a Kydex IWB holster from Badger State Holsters specifically molded for this gun. I've been kind of leery on getting a Kydex holster but I haven't seen any leather options for this gun that I like so I thought I'd give one a try.

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
I've had one for about a year. Initially I had stove pipe issue but solved it by going with 124gr ammo now I could probably get away with 115 gr again that it's been run in. I have the two calibers of LCP II and it is totally true that the Security 9 is like an LCP on steroids. They all have a similar feel and layout and all have the same unique hammer system that results in a very repeatable trigger break and feel.

The security 9 is not as accurate for me as, say, the springfield Armory 1911 9mm Range Officer, but it cost less than half. A very serviceable self defense weapon at a great price.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had one for about a year. Initially I had stove pipe issue but solved it by going with 124gr ammo now I could probably get away with 115 gr again that it's been run in. I have the two calibers of LCP II and it is totally true that the Security 9 is like an LCP on steroids. They all have a similar feel and layout and all have the same unique hammer system that results in a very repeatable trigger break and feel.

The security 9 is not as accurate for me as, say, the springfield Armory 1911 9mm Range Officer, but it cost less than half. A very serviceable self defense weapon at a great price.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Except that the LCPII has no external safety which is why I would never purchase or carry that pistol for it's intended purpose, pocket carry. I feel way more comfortable with the LCP Gen 2 which has a sufficiently long DAO trigger pull and a hammer that rests at half cock instead of full cock making it a much safer platform for pocket carry.

·
One Star
9,577 Posts
Congrats on your Security 9 Purchase.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I had one for over a year. It never gave me a problem, ever, with FMJ or JHP. It felt great in my hand, the safety was easy, etc. I only sold it to make room, in my wife's eyes, for my GP100 revolver. I still carry the EC9s I bought with it that I carry every day.

·
Banned
29,620 Posts
It strikes me as a very competent pistol. Not great but competent. It is a good value and will do fine for most uses.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts