Ruger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'm a little different. I've ordered two different set of grips from Altamont. While they look terrific, they are thicker than I like. The original black plastic grips work for me.
Same with the grips from Ruger, they are thick also. On Altamont's website they call them "classic". My single ten came with "gunfighter" grips, I think that's the same as what Altamont calls "slim".

I've been wanting to get a set (or three) of Altamont "slim" grips, but the ones I want have been "out of stock" for the last 3+ months.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'm into function over looks and these grips do both, given Wood Grain Lotto in the looks department. Nothing wrong with the original grip, my hands needed a handle with more girth and a textured grip that was similar..

·
Registered
724 Posts
Same with the grips from Ruger, they are thick also. On Altamont's website they call them "classic". My single ten came with "gunfighter" grips, I think that's the same as what Altamont calls "slim".

I've been wanting to get a set (or three) of Altamont "slim" grips, but the ones I want have been "out of stock" for the last 3+ months.
I called Ruger parts and ordered a set of rosewood slim grips with the medallion. The slim grips were not listed on the shopruger site.

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
I called Ruger parts and ordered a set of rosewood slim grips with the medallion. The slim grips were not listed on the shopruger site.
NICE! I need to call them and get a new pawl for my Single Ten...can't find them on the normal gun parts sites. At least not on Brownells or MidwayUSA. No luck trying to find it on the google either, but that doesn't surprise me, since google is anti-2A.

If anyone knows were I can find a Single Ten pawl, Ruger p/n KXR00705, let me know...thanks in advance.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I bought a set of silver/black grips from ShopRuger.com, to put on my Single Ten, but I don't really care for them, because they are thick. So, I put them on my new Burnt Bronze Wrangler...still don't care for how thick they are, but they are much better than the standard plastic grips that it came with.

I also bought a used Single Six recently. It got a little guffed up in shipping, but the beauty of stainless, it polished out nice with scotchbrite pads (green to start and blue finish).

Attachments

·
Registered
724 Posts
Cowpokey, make sure you ask for the "slim" grips. I had tried to order them using my 20% off but they are not available from that offer.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Brute, are the sights on your SS fairly well regulated at 45'?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Given being a first fixed gun sight I've ever shot, be patient, and yes their is a sweet blade and tunnel spot, and then a finger trigger placement and squeeze learning curve. I'm doing a shorter distance, but it's dialing in just fine. I see it has more potential with good ammo for a good reach, but I'm not there yet. Safe shooting

·
Registered
196 Posts
So Cowpokey, what do you think of that new Single-Six? Pretty nice, aren't they?
I like it a lot! If I had gotten one of them sooner, I wouldn't have bothered getting the Bearcats...will still be getting another Wrangler or two, just because.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Where do I file a complaint. All these stocks are beautiful. So now I have to spend my hard-earned money on some new ones for my $179.99 Wrangler? It’s not fair.
Maybe just put a five dollar gun show bought pair of used walnut grips on it ;)

·
One Star
9,504 Posts
Nice looking grips,i'd like to change mine!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Or you can go whole hog and change the grip frame and grips to suit you. I blame member Waveform for putting the idea in my head, but I love the results!
I like it! I would have gone with a blued grip frame, to better match the rest of it...but I do love stainless.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Or you can go whole hog and change the grip frame and grips to suit you. I blame member Waveform for putting the idea in my head, but I love the results!
that's VERY nice!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have noticed on my Wrangler along with some of the pictures that some of the previous posters have put up, that the bottom of the frame is about 1/16" proud. I've tried 7 sets of Vaquero grips and 2 sets of Eagle grips on it and none fit to my liking. I settled for a set of the plastic Ivory that came on one of my Vaqueros. Anyone else have an idea for a set that may fit more precisely?

WR

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have noticed on my Wrangler along with some of the pictures that some of the previous posters have put up, that the bottom of the frame is about 1/16" proud. I've tried 7 sets of Vaquero grips and 2 sets of Eagle grips on it and none fit to my liking. I settled for a set of the plastic Ivory that came on one of my Vaqueros. Anyone else have an idea for a set that may fit more precisely?

WR
Ruger Blackhawk, Old Vaquero, and Single Six grips are supposed to fit the Wrangler. I'm not sure if all Blackhawk and Old Vaquero do, they used a couple different grip frames over the years, from what I understand. Single Six grips should all fit.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Ruger Blackhawk, Old Vaquero, and Single Six grips are supposed to fit the Wrangler. I'm not sure if all Blackhawk and Old Vaquero do, they used a couple different grip frames over the years, from what I understand. Single Six grips should all fit.
You are correct. The Vaquero, and Single Six factory grips are supposed to interchange with the Wrangler. The New Vaquero is a different size.

The grips that came on the Wrangler showed about 1/16" of frame below the grips. So I tried all the above factory grips and 2 pair of Eagle grips that were made for the Vaquero, and the all showed the same 1/16" below them. The Wrangler factory grips fit just fine on my Vaqueros.

I am not satisfied with the proud frame under the grips. That is why I'm asking if anyone else has found a solution.

WR

21 - 40 of 51 Posts