Ruger Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Look at the photo in brute's post on page 1

Notice the frame that protrudes under those great looking grips? (Thanks brute for supplying the photo)

That is what disturbs me.

WR

·
Registered
112 Posts
Have you come to a satisfactory conclusion to your dilemma on the 1/16 frame protrusion?
No, I have the white plastic grips (fake ivory) that came on one of my Vaqueros on it now. I think this spring I'm going to look for a branch of Osage orange, and try to make a set or two. I keep thinking there will be another Wrangler in my future.

My granddaughters have shown a little interest in going shooting with me and I'll need one for each of them. (At least that is my justification)

WR

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
No, I have the white plastic grips (fake ivory) that came on one of my Vaqueros on it now. I think this spring I'm going to look for a branch of Osage orange, and try to make a set or two. I keep thinking there will be another Wrangler in my future.

My granddaughters have shown a little interest in going shooting with me and I'll need one for each of them. (At least that is my justification)

WR
That was going to be my suggestion, get a custom fitted set ... might be pricey for a 200 gun ... my grip frame is roughly 1/16 proud as well but the wood grips feel good ...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Excellent grips

Getting some myself.

Have them ordered, Rosewood grips.

And Wrangler®️ Triple K Western Belt Holster, Right Handed, Walnut Oil, 4-5/8" Barrel

I should be picking up my Ruger Wrangler
Black Cerakote®️this week.

I'm definitely a wheel gun guy

·
Registered
124 Posts
New shoes and a bunch of other add-ons, lol I went just a tad overboard and had a blast doing it. The grips are Altamont bonded ivory ($28) and they are not thin, for me the fit is perfect. Some of the stainless Single Six parts were used, all of them and the Midway frame were beadblasted. The grip medallions are 1850s 3 cent silver coins, I did a dark patina and then buffed the high spots to tu-tone the coins to match the theme.

Attachments

41 - 51 of 51 Posts