Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay this time I kept my targets. This first one is the Single Six shooting 7 yards, .22LR, standing. Five cylinders, 30 shots. It was really working well for me, and the range officer even complimented me on it when I brought it back in, he just happened to be behind me. Pretty cool!

Then I tried the .22 magnum cylinder. MAN, what a fun little round! I was SO surprised at how much BANG and flash those things make! Nothing like a .38 or anything, but really a pretty impressive little round. This target, same distance, is a little more spread out but I'm not good enough to tell if the round itself is any less accurate than the .22LR.

Then I moved on to the GP100 and, because I was just shooting the single six I was in single action mode. Didn't even think about it but after I had shot one cylinder at single action, I decided I had to keep this target. This is the first time I've had only six holes on the paper when all six were touching. I don't know if that's a real landmark or not, but I thought it was noteworthy!

Next up: GP100 at double action. Some fast, some slower, just messin' around here but I am starting to get these larger holes in the target more often. I really do feel like I'm getting better every time out.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Definate progress there Eddie. I'd say you were coming along nicely. I have one of the convertables too and they are fun guns to shoot. Isn't range time a lot of fun!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it is fun. Friday has become my Range Day, just works out well for me. I think I'm going back this weekend though, I do believe my wife will really enjoy shooting this single six, she hasn't tried it yet. She doesn't mind the GP, but I know she'll be more comfortable with this.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I agree with you on the load, shoot, reload rythum. It's got a natural feel to it. Sorta makes you more a part of the gun. Guess that's why I like single actions so much. I hope to go tomorrow, and now you have got me thinking of taking the single six out and shoot up some ammo. Think I've got a couple boxes of mags in the safe too. Gotta go look now.
(you made me post a pic of mine in the gallery. I sure like that stainless model like yours.)

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks great, Jimbo, I like the blued finish quite a bit. It was a coin toss for me between the one you have and the one I ended up with.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Great shooting! You got me all excited about shooting mine. Not that I wasn't excited before, but now even more so. Glad you like the newest member of your Ruger clan. :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Good job Eddie! I have one OM and one NM Single Six and so I decided to sight one in using the .22mag cylinder and the other with the .22LR cylinder. That way when I want to switch ammo I don't have to move the sights back and forth on one gun.

Now that's an excuse to buy another one, ha? :D

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Looking good!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Mighty fine shoot'n there Eddie! i have a brand new one in the safe ready for this weekend , the boys & i are heading out ,I have 350 rds of 45, 325 rds 357 mag,525 rds 22lr . can't wait!
SL.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts