Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Davidsons is selling new blued, fixed sight Single Sixes in 32 H&R Magnum today. Sweet little guns, great balance (I have one made in the 80's).

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
They had them in stainless with adjustable sights a few day ago as well, if I recall? I thought it was interesting to see the old 32 H&R in a 6-shot return. Davidson's is bringing out a few older catalog items, it seems. Pretty neat. I hope they don't re-introduce the 1/2 lug 3" GP100, because I just bought a 1708...

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
I'm waiting for the fixed sight stainless model. I'll probably end up merging it with a Single 7 cylinder, barrel, and internals, and cutting down the 7.5" barrel to 5.5-6.5" to get rid of the standard front sight and mortise in a standard fixed sight single six blade.

·
Banned
1,907 Posts
They had them in stainless with adjustable sights a few day ago as well, if I recall? I thought it was interesting to see the old 32 H&R in a 6-shot return. Davidson's is bringing out a few older catalog items, it seems. Pretty neat. I hope they don't re-introduce the 1/2 lug 3" GP100, because I just bought a 1708...
What's interesting about both models is that neither were ever made before in those configurations;

The original fixed sight .32 Mag Vaquerito blue model wasn't offered all blue, it had CCH.
It was only offered with 4 5/8" barrel.
This one has aluminum grip frame and ejector rod housing while the originals had both parts in steel.
And lastly, the originals had the 1/4" shorter grip frame, (except for a few scarce versions with the steel standard XR3-RED size grip frame.)

The Original Super Single Six .32 Mag model with adjustable sights was never offered in Stainless steel.

These are two unique distributor exclusive new configuration models.

·
Banned
1,907 Posts
I'm waiting for the fixed sight stainless model. I'll probably end up merging it with a Single 7 cylinder, barrel, and internals, and cutting down the 7.5" barrel to 5.5-6.5" to get rid of the standard front sight and mortise in a standard fixed sight single six blade.
Hey, now that would be a cool one-of-a-kind Single Seven, .327 Mag 7 shot Vaquerito!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Didn't see the 41, but they offered a .44spl Talo Flattop SS a few weeks back...I managed to snag one...they sold quick!
In saying "a while back" I mean several years ago, from what I've read, less than 200 made. Finding one will be tough, thinking a OM 357 conversion might be faster, and easier.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Ah, thanks for clearing that up. I thought they were the midsize frame. Hopefully Ruger will make a midsize 41 Special Flattop.

·
Registered
366 Posts
119 of the 4 5/8" and 181 of the 6.5"....

·
Banned
1,907 Posts
Yes, you're right, two sizes of flat top frames like the original OM flat tops. And they both have the smaller (shorter front to back) Colt size XR3 grips frames, also like both sizes of the OM flat tops.

That XR3 grip frame on the OM 44 Mag FT is what led to the XR3-RED (Redesigned) grip frame.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts