Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey folks, just picked one of these up, my first SA revolver. Plenty of DA in the past.

Having only seen the single six at the LGS, I assumed (I know...) it would be similar but have 10 holes in the cylinder.

Mine does not have cylinder timed to line the ejector up with the gate open, which I see is common in other threads. This makes the clicks completely useless. Dumb question...what the heck are they for?

I think a free spin mod is in my future. Best to mod the stock one or buy aftermarket. Looks like later requires some fitting, but cant find pros / cons on them.

Appreciate any feedback. Thanks

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
The clicks time the chamber up with the barrel. The ejector happens to be 1/6th of a rotation off from the barrel, meaning 6-shots line up perfectly. But other round counts not so much. The tiny size of the .22 hole seems to exacerbate it. Did you get blued or stainless?

·
Registered
130 Posts
It doesn't really bother me on mine. In fact, I rotate it to the point where I can actually load two at a time before spinning further. Some dislike the 'indexing' of certain Ruger SA models and some don't mind. I'm a 'don't mind-er'! :D

The Lipseys model is sweet. I as going to get the SS 5.5" version but SW didn't have one in stock so I went to our LGS and they had the Lipsey version with both the 4.625" barrel, which I prefer, and the aluminum grip which shaved a few oz.

Definitely a sweet revolver. Enjoy yours!

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
I got a Single Ten when they first came out and mine did not have the click alignment, but having shot SAs all my life, have never felt the need for that feature. Nice to have, sure, but with a little practice, most folks can shuck empties just as fast without that feature. Each to their own, as always, though.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
It doesn't really bother me on mine. In fact, I rotate it to the point where I can actually load two at a time before spinning further. Some dislike the 'indexing' of certain Ruger SA models and some don't mind. I'm a 'don't mind-er'! :D

The Lipseys model is sweet. I as going to get the SS 5.5" version but SW didn't have one in stock so I went to our LGS and they had the Lipsey version with both the 4.625" barrel, which I prefer, and the aluminum grip which shaved a few oz.

Definitely a sweet revolver. Enjoy yours!
+1
I have the 4"er also and love it. This was my first single action, so I've never known any different.
I'm still trying to perfect the 2 at a time load though.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is stainless and I do look forward to trying it out. I dont see it as a problem as much as a curiosity.
Would like some feedback on converting to free spin, any downside if you've tried it.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
I have the 4.62 stainless Single Ten (Lipsey's). One of my favorite .22's to shoot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts