Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an earlier serial number LC9 with a front sight slightly off center, causing impacts a little to the left. I understand that newer LC9s come with the sight pinned in place, and so I called Ruger to ask them about it. They are very generously sending me a new slide and a return envelope to ship back the old one.

This got me to thinking about how particular parts wear in together, and now I'm wondering if there could be any adverse affects with matching a new slide with a frame and barrel that have about 1000 rds on them?

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
I have an earlier serial number LC9 with a front sight slightly off center, causing impacts a little to the left. I understand that newer LC9s come with the sight pinned in place, and so I called Ruger to ask them about it. They are very generously sending me a new slide and a return envelope to ship back the old one.

This got me to thinking about how particular parts wear in together, and now I'm wondering if there could be any adverse affects with matching a new slide with a frame and barrel that have about 1000 rds on them?
You've got nothing to worry about. I'd be willing to bet you can swap any slide onto any other LC9 frame and have it work fine. Providing they're both in good condition.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I had about 600 rnds through my LC9 when I changed the slide because of the front sight and have had no problem at all with either mechanical or accuracy. It was just swap and shoot.

·
Registered
197 Posts
The dovetails on the 10/22's do the same thing. If you don't pay attention, you could lose the sight when it falls off during a BX-25 run.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts