Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would introduce myself. I'm usually over on www.leverguns.com and just recently got a Vaquero chambered in 44Mag. Thought I would join up over here and learn a thing or two from you fine folks....Steve.:)

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
nothing better than Vaqueros and leverguns. Welcome tothe forum, hope you enjoy your stay.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome. Looks to be a pic driven forum![:p] If I'm not shooting leverguns or pistols, I seem to be taking pics and working with graphics of them. I wanted to have a pistol in the same caliber to match my Rossi 92 chambered in 44Mag.

I ran across the Vaquero recently for 325.00 out the door. IIRC it is the first year for the 44Mag chambering in the Vaquero? It was made in 94 and has the aluminum ejector housing. I plan on changing the ejector housing and putting a Belt Mountain pin in for starters. The trigger is sweet as all get out but I havent done any accuracy testing yet. I hope it works out well with my Ranch Dog TLC432-285-RN cast slugs.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Welcome from KY! I sometimes frequent leverguns.com myself, but not too much lately. Sold my last levergun a couple months ago. Anything without a safety they want a fortune for, and the ones with a safety just offend my sensiabilitys!!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
steveb,
Welcome from Michigan. Hey, I know where Paris Crossing is at. I grew up between Columbus and Seymour in the Waymansville area.
Good to have you here.
Brian

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Welcome from NE Kansas. Glad you joined us.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
quote:Originally posted by Brian1782

steveb,
Welcome from Michigan. Hey, I know where Paris Crossing is at. I grew up between Columbus and Seymour in the Waymansville area.
Good to have you here.
Brian
Ah, a fellow Hoosier. I sure know where Waymansville is and have been out there many times on the way out to the backside of the forestry and all the backroads out that way toward Mawmee and such. Good to hear from you.

Thanks for the warm welcome gentlman!:)

EDIT: Brian, I was born in 71 and raised in Seymour, but its not the same town of my youth. Its changed alot and just to big for me. I moved to Jennings Co about 15 years ago. Where ya at up in Mich? Before moving to Jennings Co, I moved to Marquette Mich up in the U.P. I wished I would have stayed there.[:p]

·
Registered
131 Posts
Steve,
I live in Saginaw. Came up here for work 15 years ago, was only going to be up here for about 6 months, but met me a Lady who is now my Wife and the Mother of our 3 Children and wound up staying. The rest of the family is still around Waymansville and I make it home 5 - 6 times a year to visit and one of those visits ALWAYS coincides with Deer Season. It is truly a bummer having to pay a non residents license fee to hunt on the family farm, but that's the way it is. You are not kidding that Seymour has changed. I used to work for Farm Bureau Co-op at the feed mill and the fertilizer plant back in 1984 through 1986. As you know, the feed mill is gone and they moved the Plant food division to Cortland. I remember skating at rock-sey and it was way out of town, now it is part of town. Times sure change. We need to hook up the next time I'm Home and burn some gunpowder.
Brian

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.