Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just returned from the range where I shot my new 3" SP101. I shoot mostly autos and I have to tell you this was one accurate and pleasant gun to shoot. I shot one 5 round group in double action that could have been covered with a quarter, a feat to never be duplicated, but inspiring nevertheless. As you all know, single action is a piece of cake.
I then switched to shooting a rented XD .45 to compare against my STI Spartan .45. Honestly there was no difference to speak of as they both put holes where you want them.
Then to finish off the day I switched to my LCR and as much as I try to like it , it's brutal. So I'm thinking it may have to leave the gun cabinet maybe to make room for some thing else.
In closing let me say one more thing about my SP101, and that's, WOW !

·
Registered
368 Posts
We got a 2.25 SP101 for my wife and I don't like it much. I have fairly large hands and it just doesn't feel right in my hand and I don't shoot it very well. I recently put on a Hogue monogrip and it feels alot better to me and the wife seems to like it too. Haven't had a chance to shoot it with the new grip yet but I think it will be better.

·
Registered
442 Posts
As a small revolver the SP constantly surprises shooters as to the high degree of accuracy that it demonstrates, even to 25 yds.

The Hogue grip is a natural for the 3" and I like the Pachmayr for the 2.25"

I use the DAO 2.25" as a "get it done" snubby, with a Meprolight front night sight.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hear you Ned, but I've got a Kahr P380 which does a pretty good job and is pleasant to shoot. I'm a believer in practice, and if it's comfortable, that's a bonus.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
You can't go wrong with that SP. Shoot it alot and often. I have the 3" and the 2" and enjoy them. The extra ozs are appreciated when you touch them off. Great little and well built firearm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts