Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
8guns eBay stock pic on there way for my spurless. 45 bucks anyone else have these. When they come I plan on blending and polishing the whole revolver.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
Hi I did a basic search on Amazon for wood grips Ruger SP 101 there was grips there similar to the ones you have shown not exact but close good luck!

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
Ok a few questions here, Hdpearson13 my quest for a nicer grip then my Hogue Mono grips is what I want. So is the name of the seller on ebay 8guns? Did you just do a search titled Ruger SP101 wood grips? The grips I like is the one on the magazine picture but yes this gun appears to be a GP100 half lug with fixed sights. I really like the looks of the Wood Hogue grips but man you pay for them like starting out at $79.00 this doesn't include shipping ouch! I would appreciate your info thanks!!!

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
Ok I thought these grips are made in Thailand my question is how is the fit?? Did the OP do the checkering and finish in the last picture of your gun with these grips??

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
Ok I thought these grips are made in Thailand my question is how is the fit?? Did the OP do the checkering and finish in the last picture of your gun with these grips??
It appears from the pictures on eBay that the checkering comes on the grip....as does the Ruger logo.

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
I just purchased a set of Hogue rubber grips for mine...or I'd seriously consider these.

·
Liberty or Death
2,569 Posts
Those grips are cool. Your labor of love polishing the SP looks very sharp.

·
Registered
746 Posts
i have a set
but it didn't fit quite right
it wouldn't fit together completely, there was a few mm of space
i had to dremmel the insides of the grips to get more space so the 2 pieces could push together completely
other than that, i like them
maybe i just got a bad set

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just got back and was shooting some pretty heavy reloads. The 158gr semi jacketed that was killing my me-tarsal. With stock rubber grips, I could have shoot all night with these grips. Not sure if it's some property of rosewood? Or if they just bring the felt recoil down into Palm. They need to be cut for a speed loader and I will be more than satisfied. Just not sure exactly how to cut them to not mess up ascetics. I found also on extraction if barrel rolls just right it won't allow 1 case to extract because it hits where it should be cut for speed loader. Has anyone seen, has a link or cut grips for a speedloader?
Also have to note that I really like the xs sight

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Update got sick of not being able to use speedloader so took die gring ( dremel like) use 300 grit round sanding wheel to get it close then just hand sanded with the roll till they fit then polished out to 5000 grit in a hurry didn't have stain so just used some gun oil to cover it. I would like the grip better only if the whole thing had the oil finish on the rosewood. But the contrast is neat with stain and oil. First time ever cutting grips for speedloader but if you can highly recommend the grips.

At the range the angle is more natural and brings front sight without manipulating wrist and hand. I prefer to have front sight come up naturally on top of rear sight but with xs small dot its there. The xs big dots may be a great option and if I get another snub sp101 I will have them on it. ( I prefer green fo front sight and plain combat rear, but as a edc these are nice when you start pulling faster at close range with different targets similarities in that right to my favorite setup but also has a nice green dot in the dark conditions but haven't had a chance to get any time to shoot at night yet.

Best part is they bring recoil farther down in the palm almost rather than the nerve in thumb for my hands. I've put just under two hundred rounds of some fed 158 semi jackets. Follow up shots are getting much faster and better. can almost feel nothing after 75 rounds in not much time at all but only had one speed loader. Although thumb nerve felt allitle numb 2 days later.

Shipping takes about 11 days from this guy but worth the weight. Definetly a nice product. Very well done other than missing speedloader cutout if you prefer one.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts