Ruger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,073 Posts
I've got two SR22's both with about 2500 rds of Federal jhp's thru both. one SR has an o ring the other doesn't both of mine run great on the Ferderal JHP's. I had one to the range the other day ran 500 rds of Federal thru it with no problems at all. No fail to feed or fail to fires. I don't like Remmington goldens to dirty and have problems with them. I don't fine any difference in preformance between the one with thee o ring and the one without other then the one with the o ring has a buffered recoil feel to it.

· Registered
1,073 Posts
Okay please explain the o ring thing, is this something that needs to be done and if so any info on where to get the o ring & how to install it would be welcome as I just got my SR-22 on Sat and only have 140 rds through it.
It's not something that has to be done. It started over at rimfire central on the Walter P22's and carried overr to the SR22's due to failures of the take down lever on the SR22's . It's like the bolt buffer Kidd makes for the 10/22's. It's a 3/8"od x 1/4" in x 1/16" thick o ring placed over the recoil spring to buffer the recoil aganist the take down lever. I haven';t seen to many posts any more about take lever failure so it my have been a bad batch of them. But there is now an after market one that's stronger then the one Ruger designed. I have two SR22's one with the o ring and one without it. They both perform the same except the recoil on the o ring one is a little softer. You can feel the difference if you rack the slide back by hand.

· Registered
1,073 Posts
Thanks, to you and gmsoapy. I've not tried it yet, trying to decide if its really helping anything real or voodoo engineering.
As I said it's kind of like the bolt buffer Kidd sells for the 10/22's. You can definetly feel the diff when you rack the slide by hand. the o rings are cheap eough at Home depot. Like I said I have one SR with it and one with out. The guys over at rim fire central found out it helped with the Walter P22's. Which seem to have a problem with their slides deforming as the are cast out some soft material. I do know that when I fire the one with the o ring the sound of the recoil is alot softer. No metal slaming into the take down lever.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.