Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took my SR9 to the range today for the second time. Put 60 rounds through it the first time with zero issues and 140 today. I did have one FTE today but did about a dozen double taps after that again with no issues. I did some adjusting on the sight elevation and got some decent 3" or so groupings from 10 yards which for me is not bad. The trigger seems to be smoothing out or I am just getting more used to it. Over all I am happy with it so far and if it keeps preforming like this I will be thrilled.

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Thanks for the report, mlc. Glad you like it.

My son-in-law recently picked one up and he loves his.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I picked on up on friday, took it to the range yesterday and put 250 rounds through it. Not a single issue. Love it, it's a great gun!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I put another 100 rounds through it with zero issues. It's settling in nicely, I started to work on my trigger pull being more controlled and my groups have gotten better as a result.

I would say it's a keeper for sure.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Nice report. Did you have any difficulty insertiing the magazines?

I've had a SR9c for several weeks and 300-400 rounds with no problems except operator caused. I had some difficulty inserting mags, but expect to get smoothing with use.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice report. Did you have any difficulty insertiing the magazines?

I've had a SR9c for several weeks and 300-400 rounds with no problems except operator caused. I had some difficulty inserting mags, but expect to get smoothing with use.
No issues with the mags at all. If you look at the mags there are two openings, one is a small round hole towards the top and the one below it is the hole the the mag release catches and holds onto.

Are you maybe just feeling it hanging up a little going past that first hole??

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just an update on my SR9. Put another 150 rounds through it today, got it pretty hot :D. It ran great, I had one stove pipe 2 rounds before I was finished but I think I limp wristed it causing the problem. Used Federal 115gr and Winchester white box both where good. Also did a fair amount of double taps with it.

I would trust the gun for sure, time to go clean it up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts