Ruger Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I snuck out to get a little range time with my new SR9. I cleaned it yesterday, and at the range I shot 50 rounds of Speer Lawman, 20 rounds of Federal Hydra Shock 124 gr. JHP, and 25 rounds of Hornady Critical Defense 115 gr. FTX. Not one single hiccup! The SR9 ate everything not one problem whatsoever! I was surprised because I've never fired a semi auto without at least one jam (this includes numerous high-end firearms). I did notice it shot a little high when the target was 10-15 yds out, but not so much I feel the need to adjust the sights. At ~20 yds, the group got a little tighter (I think the factory sights it at 25 yds). Anyway VERY pleased! I was impressed how little recoil there was (though I'm used to .357s out of my LCR so that's not all surprising).

Only downside, and this is me being particular. When cleaning it afterward, I noticed there were a few chips on the barrel shroud (I think that's what it's called, it's the circle on the slide you put the end of the barrel in). Is this normal? I put some aluminum black on it, and that helps mask them, but I don't really like chips on such a beautiful gun!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts