Ruger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked it up today. Can't shoot it until Friday. But I'm enjoying reading the manual and getting to know it. It feels wonderful.

·
Registered
401 Posts
One Word...

:cool: SWEET!!!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I looked at the 'blackened' one while I was there, just to make sure I wouldn't second guess myself later. Once I saw it I was positive I had made the right choice with this two-toned one. Really great looking pistol.

Just took me a while to figure out how to load the magazines! (Did I mention I'm a revolver guy??) I felt like a dumbass. Even with the weight of 17 rounds, this is a very nice sized, balanced, great feeling gun. I guess it's not 'compact,' but it sure feels concealable and carryable to me.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Though I am not a big semi-auto fan, I do like the one I have. Seems to shoot anything you put through it.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
those really feel nice in the hand , they are thin for an easy conceal , sort of wish they made a compact grip model , even though yu would lose a few rounds it would be a great carry piece

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I brought it with me today, Jimbo. Now I just have to find time to get out of the office to give it a try!

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Very nice Eddie. From other accounts given the SR9 is a great performer. I'm still thinking about one, especially since they've come down some in price. :)

·
Banned
14 Posts
Get plenty of magazines for the SR9. You never need when we good guys need to combat bad guys. I'd get at least 6 to 8 myself. RUGER ARMORER (not yet SR9 certified but waiting for Ruger to put on a school in Newport!)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Very nice looking gun. I handled one the other day, it seems a little small in my hands, but hey that is why the larger guns right. It is an excellent looking gun. I hear they shoot good too.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Nice. I just got mine back from Ruger. They had a recall on all the SR9's. They a new trigger group to replace the old one. The gun if dropped with a chambered round can discharge. If your doesn't have this upgrade or you are not sure. Go to rugers web site and go to SR9 recall. You can put in your serial number and you be emailed about shipping it back if needed. Mine was a one week turn around and Ruger paided for it all. RUGER weapons and they stand behind them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts