Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone. After reading and doing alot of research on the SR9, I decided to take the plunge and pick one up. I am not disappointed at all with this latest Ruger offering. I have read alot about the magazine misgivings (not being able to load 17 rounds by hand for example) and had no problem whatsoever loading both magazines with 17 rounds, by hand. In fact, I found it cumbersome using the tool Ruger provides for this purpose. As far as trigger response is concerned, it takes a little getting used to, but once you get used to it, I had no problem with it all. It was smooth right out of the box. I took it to the range and put 100 rounds through it on the first day and had no jams, hiccups, nothing, operated flawlessly. As far as accuracy is concerned, at 25 yds. it put all the rounds within a 4 inch circle (My eyes won't let it get much better than that). All in all, I think this is one fine pistol and for me is a keeper.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Sr9

I haven't shot mine lately, not because of the recall just nasty weather and other obligations...now more flooding. It sure seems to shoot much smoother than other autos I've owned.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I wonder when Ruger will start selling 'em that don't need recall work? Anyone know?

Ed

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been wondering that too. I haven't even seen one for sale anywhere yet. Also, how are the guns going to be marked so that a potential buyer can tell if the gun has the upgraded parts installed?

·
Registered
210 Posts
I've been wondering that too. I haven't even seen one for sale anywhere yet. Also, how are the guns going to be marked so that a potential buyer can tell if the gun has the upgraded parts installed?
Just save the Ruger Customer service number,and call them to inquire about that particular gun's Serial Number before you buy.
JL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts