Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't get out to the range as often as I would like. Had to shake off some rust as a shooter...lol.

This SR9c I'm really impressed with it. Only 2nd outting trigger is awesome almost breaks to quick. Shooting at 8inch dirtybird target from 30ft. Tried a few of the carry rds I had Winchester PDX1 124gr +p JHP and Hornady 115gr JHP but mostly Fed 115gr FMJ and Magtech 115gr FMJ

At this point I do no justice to the gun. Looking forward to more shooting time with it.

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
Sounds like fun. If you stay in 8" at 10 yards that's acceptable.
I would search the post on aim small/miss small & read it.
It really helped me.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Thanks for the range report post. I always appreciate photos of the targets. It's nice to see what sort of results that others get at certain distances, with various weapons, target size, etc. It gives good benchmark data and shows what is possible.
I have recent range reports (with photos) up of my MKIII Target ( with iron sights and with a red dot), my GP100, and my SR22p.
I have been using left over targets from this years summer contest and the outer ring is 8" in diameter.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I took some of my M&P.40 targets as well here they are.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Thanks for the M&P 40 targets photos. Very nice.

I have an M&P Pro 40. I don't fire my larger caliber guns as much as my .22's since my little range is right near my house and I don't want to anger the neighbors.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like the M&P series they feel great in the hand. From the beavertail to the 3 changable grips. The gun absorbs recoil very well. If I didn't already have the SR9c. I would by a SR series .40

·
Registered
52 Posts
I like the feel of the M&P as well. Man what a tough call, go with what you know or try something new.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Nice I am looking at purching one myself to carry, I do like the feel in the hand. Have you had any issues with the pistol?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No issues other than the gritty stiff triggers that is well known. Of course the SR9c probably has one of the best stock triggers in production. Thats what I have to compare it to. They say the M&P Shield has great trigger I dunno I've not shot one. I called S&W about mine they are sending a ship tag for it said the would clear it up. Will see :)

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
My M&P 40 Pro had a very gritty trigger. I installed the Apex Duty trigger kit in it and that made a world of difference. Very crisp with a nice reset.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Nice photos, you remind me that I should try the same thing. I rarely shoot at targets anymore. I love my SR9c but I usually just take it to the plinking range, that's more fun to me most of the time, but I guess I should try to see if I'm any good with it. Very good post.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts