Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a new SR9c on Sunday. Looking forward to getting it on the range. Looking for advice on CCW holster. There are so many out there. :D

·
Registered
250 Posts
Good selection for a CCW pistol. As for holster's, more than anything else it depend's on your body shape and style of dress. I am most comfortable with a good IWB holster but also like a high rise OWB holster. I prefere Kramer horsehide holster's but have come to like the Old Faithful Hybrid holster, which is much like the Crossbreed IWB. Raven makes a very nice IWB/OWB convertable holster from Kydex. I like it and am trying to figure out how to make something like it myself. Good luck to you and the folk's here will give you plenty of good holster ideals.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Congratulations on a great handgun.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Love mine. I use the crossbreed super tuck in horsehide. Awesome. They were made for each other.

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
Just picked up a new SR9c on Sunday. Looking forward to getting it on the range. Looking for advice on CCW holster. There are so many out there. :D
Congrats on the SR9c
It's a very nice shooter. I use a nylon Blackhawk IWB #5. It fits several of my guns, works & is cheap.

·
Registered
7 Posts
SR9c holsters

Ruger has a couple on their website that are made specifically for the SR9c. I have an OWB from Don Hume Leathergoods that is also specific to the
SR9c. It holds the gun tightly and has a leather extension so the slide does not come in contact with your skin. It is so well formed for the SR9c that it even has imprints of the slide serrations in place.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For everyone that responded, Thanks.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Congrats on your purchase, welcome to the forum from NE North Carolina

·
Registered
590 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase. The SR9c is a great gun and works well in a CCW role. There are alot of great holsters out there and in the end the choice is going to be yours. :confused: I carry mine in a IWB MaxTuck from White Hat holsters. Mine is in horse hide and really well made. What's great about the White Hat holsters is that you can change out the Kydex holster and use the leather backing for another pistol. The Kydex part of the holster sells for around $20 dollars so it can be a cheaper alternative if you want to use the holster for a couple of different pistols. Crossbreed Holsters are real good also for an IWB choice. They have the Super Tuck for the SR9c. I have one of their MiniTuck holsters for my LC9 and like it alot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts